Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I'm always looking for new ideas/recipes. I would really appreciate it if people would write down what they had for lunch/dinner. It gives us the opportunity to broaden our horizon. And if you feel like: hey! that sounds like a wonderful meal! you could ask the author for the recipe and it could be posted under the recipe section..

What do you think?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
grilled pangasius & scallops with ovenbaked tomatoes

Let me start!

For lunch, we had:

ovenbaked tomatoes, sprinkled with Italian herbs
grilled scallops
grilled pangasius fish (that fish is so yummie and tender!)
mashed potatoes (for the kids, not for me)

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
That sounds interesting except for the seafood. :D

It's only 8:10 a.m. I'll get back to you. It would be interesting to know what everyone eats at mealtime.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Today: One cup of homemade potato salad, a tin of sardines and a small glass of tomato juice. Total carbs = 40g.

Tomorrow: A burrito, one serving of green beans and a small tomato. Total carbs = 46g.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I totally blew it today with food lol I was on call so at lunch time I was running my little legs off-- So I opted for fast food-- I had a hamburger from Hardees.. for dinner I made fried chicken with cauliflower and then I made the rest of the family rice with cheese.. I didn't eat the rice though figured the hamburger was enough today lol.. Tomorrow I promise to be better!!!! *fingers crossed* :eek::p:D

·
Registered
279 Posts
Actually, on occasion I allow myself a hamburger from MacDonald's and for me, it doesn't riase my sugar too much. I know the calories and fats aren't good for me but I get just a 'kids' hamburger (no fries) and it seems to satisfy my craving for fast food for a while.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Today I had a big bowl of home made tomato soup with a little dallop of 0% Greek yoghurt in it :)

·
Registered
663 Posts
Lunch....

I had an Sihchkababb which is lamb, Tomato, Lettuce, Red onion, Satay sauce, in a rap with a choke erumm.... coke. Diet coke that is. :eek:
I was off my feet today as I spent getting to my school and enrolling to do some computer lessons. (Networking)
Tomorrow there is ham off the bone. :D and I am have that on a nice fresh roll. Drual....:p:p:p

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This evening I had a big bowl of greens and peaches stuffed with tuna salad :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've been sick with some sort of intestinal virus yesterday and today, so I haven't eaten anything with fear It'll come out one end or the other...ugghhh!! But my usual lunch consists of salad made with spinach, sweet red peppers, diced red onion, broccoli florets, carrot slivers, mung bean sprouts, alfalfa sprouts, olives (green, black or both), and extra virgin olive oil with a splash of fresh lemon juice and/or apple cider vinegar. Oh, and in place of croutons, I throw in a handful of walnuts or almonds.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've been sick with some sort of intestinal virus yesterday and today, so I haven't eaten anything with fear It'll come out one end or the other...ugghhh!! But my usual lunch consists of salad made with spinach, sweet red peppers, diced red onion, broccoli florets, carrot slivers, mung bean sprouts, alfalfa sprouts, olives (green, black or both), and extra virgin olive oil with a splash of fresh lemon juice and/or apple cider vinegar. Oh, and in place of croutons, I throw in a handful of walnuts or almonds.

Sounds wonderful Roseanne!

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
When I eat at McDonalds I take two slices of low carb bread frpm home (9g carbs per slice). I put them in a zip lock sandwich bag. I replace the bun on my Big Mac with the low carb bread and I have a low carb meal. I never eat fries.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When I eat at McDonalds I take two slices of low carb bread frpm home (9g carbs per slice). I put them in a zip lock sandwich bag. I replace the bun on my Big Mac with the low carb bread and I have a low carb meal. I never eat fries.

Maybe you should pull a joke and ask for a Big Mac without the buns. Can't wait to see their puzzled faces :D

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
I guess I could hand them my bread slices and have them make the Mac that way so they could save the bun. People just walking in would think it was some new kind of sandwich. LOL!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I guess I could hand them my bread slices and have them make the Mac that way so they could save the bun. People just walking in would think it was some new kind of sandwich. LOL!
I think they might want to help you out that way, but policy will say otherwhise, don't you think so?

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
I suppose but I always feel strange when I throw the large bun in the trash. Noone seems to notice though.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Today I had a bowl of tropical fruitmix (it comes in frozen). It contained mandarin parts, green melon, orange melon, grapes, peaches, kiwi fruit, pineapple, mango

It has only 9.5 gr carbs per 100 gr product. I like it!

One portion (like the one I had - 80 gr) has 8 gr carbs :)

·
Registered
663 Posts
LOL Richard, Oh the things that we do DOH!! I have had a burger with advercardo but cannot taste the advo though and they were 70 cents dearer than without. So I made my own and store that in a jar and have that at maccas (Mc Donalds). I just get a buzz from onlookers and just get the ideas. Still my own bergers are better at half the carb count.

Maybe you should pull a joke and ask for a Big Mac without the buns. Can't wait to see their puzzled faces :D
LOL, Yes that would be so funny. :p

Today I had a bowl of tropical fruitmix (it comes in frozen). It contained mandarin parts, green melon, orange melon, grapes, peaches, kiwi fruit, pineapple, mango.
MMmm..... I might go crazy and buy $20AD on fruit and have that with some icecream. I am going to have to eat some fruit as I am not a regular fruit eater.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
today, I'm having some more grilled scallops (I just love them so much) and grilled red/yellow peppers :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Tonite will be meatloaf (out of this new cookbook --diabetes of course), the rest of the family will have scalloped taters and stuffing while I have a nice salad and some fresh carrots.. My family says they feel guilty eating things that I really shouldn't have-- I just tell them I could have them if I wanted-- I just chose not to --- I am getting better at the whole "no" thing lol

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.