The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Breakfast today - Greek omelete, low carb style..

I saw this recipe on Discovery health on a diabetes diet- it was awesome!

fresh spinach
mushrooms
red onions
2 tblspns of feta cheese (fat free feta)
3 egg whites
I used a few sprays of canola oil cooking spray

on the side i had a cup of plain non fat yogurt and a slice of whole wheat toast (plain)

cup of coffee with splenda and fat free half and half.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Sounds wonderful! Did you eat it for breakfast? I would rather have it for lunch or dinner.. No spinach for me in the morning :p although the recipe seems very appealing

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone eat frozen meals that are diabetic friendly? My Dad is older, lives a long and refuses to try to cook or prepare anything that is healthy. I am worried about him and trying to find food on line that I can order for him?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Does anyone eat frozen meals that are diabetic friendly? My Dad is older, lives a long and refuses to try to cook or prepare anything that is healthy. I am worried about him and trying to find food on line that I can order for him?
sorry, can't help you with that one. I'm sure the States have so many food choices, more than we do over here in Europe.

Maybe your dad should see a dietitian and work out a food scheme? I'm sure he will find healthy meals or easy to prepare meals. In order to do so, he will have to understand about carbs.

Great that you're looking into it. You will mean a big help to him!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
lunch:
baked pangasius filet (fish)
raw white cabbage
raw red cabbage
sprouts from leeks
tomatoes
stewed red cabbage

61 - 65 of 65 Posts