The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.
I am interested in 2012, notably - the Mayan prophecy about the end of the world 12.21.2012. Many people talk about it now, besides, the movie comes out soon. I'm interested to read something about it. Disclosing this theme.
Advise me some articles please.

Thank you

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
I have never heard of that prophecy. Very interesting! I wonder if there are people who believe it. Do you know?

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
I liked the movie very much. You have to really like action flicks before you would like this one.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I enjoy watching the History Channel and from time to time they have had hour long (or longer) programs on this subject. It seems the Mayans are not the only civilization that has come to this same date. There have been Orientals (IChing, I believe), American Indians, Nostradomus and others and even a computer program crawling the internet that reach this same date as a possible end of days. Who knows if there is any validity to it or not, but it sure is interesting how many civilizations from hundreds or thousands of years ago could independently reach this same date.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've heard that there have been quite a few predicted "end of the world" dates already that have passed us by, and we're still alive and kicking. I hope that the world doesn't end in 2012!

Although, one of my friends joked that the world could end then, because the final Harry Potter movie is scheduled to come out a couple of weeks prior and we would all be fine after watching that. She's an avid Harry Potter fan.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I haven't been to a movie theater in 3 years. There are some that believe that there is a set date for the world to come to an end. I think there was a book written that the end of the world would be 1984, so far the world lives on. To each his own.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts