The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been working so hard to get my #s in line and they are in half way decent now--but lately my BP has been going up (Im on med for this one but not cholestrol or BG)

BP has been around 115/70 but the lat month its been 135/75 I know I have my next set of blood tests coming up but thats not for another 2 months but I always get worked up but the BP has never gone up

So I asked the dr and he want me to take a low dose water pill

I dont like the idea and espeically since I read it can cause cholestrol and BG to go up!!!!

I diffiently dont want to take it now!!!

So I asked the dr and his reply was hes never had a problem with
anyones #s going up because of it and its such a low dose

I still dont like the idea and dont want to take it!!!!!!

I just so paranoid my #s will go up

I am so tired of playing this # game!!!!

In Dec that will be my 6th set of blood work in 18 months!!!

On top of that after telling me back in July that everything is great

he wants to do a different type of cholestrol test that measures

the size and kind of LDL!!! to see if I need to be on meds for it!!!

so is everything really fine?!!! I wonder!!! I dont want to take meds for that either

he knows all this freaks me out!!

what would you do about the water pill

thanks for any advice

take care
Penney

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I take a medication that is a combo of an anti-hypertensive and fluid pill. My blood pressure is excellent and my cholesterol and lipid levels are all perfectly normal, so it hasnt affected mine.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
I take a low dose of hydrochlorothiazide for kidney stone prevention, and I also take meds for hypertension . . . neither of them disturbs my blood sugar. I think your doc sounds like he knows what he's doing, and he isn't overtreating.

And he is right on top of things, wanting to test your LDL. Having big light fluffy LDL particles is fine, and if that's what he finds - excellent! What you don't want is small dense LDL. I think it's great that he'll do this test without you having to fight for it.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I don't know anything about the subject that you are referring to but I will say that your doctor sounds just great to me. I'd trust the guy who seems to be looking after you just fine and certainly better than a lot of the others!

John

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I have been on 3 different water pills and non of them have raised my BG.

Just because something can does not mean it will. If it does raise your BG cant you stop taking it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts