The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am a graduate student and am currently looking for ideas for research related to diabetes. Mostly it interests me because I have Type I and currently use an omnipod insulin pump (it's awesome). I wanted to see what people who have diabetes feel like they would like to see in the market or would help them manage their diabetes better. My concentration is in Computer Engineering so software and hardware are my main areas, but I'd like to hear about anything. Currently I have been thinking along the lines of software for cell phones, that automatically logs nutritional data and other information based on images or user input (something like Google Goggles that could take an image of a nutrition label and extract the data).

Thanks!

Fox

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I would like to be able to afford a pump and a CGM. I think that the price of these items are rather high and the supplies needed to use them are also expensive. If these items were more affordable, I think that many people would have better glucose control. I am also waiting for the glucose meters software and drivers to become compatible with Windows 7 operating system. Until then, I am stuck with a stand alone program that requires the user to input all the data needed to run reports.

·
Registered
710 Posts
As you've been diabetic since 2005, what would you like to see? I know that I was diligent about logging things in the begining, but over time it really seems to provide diminishing returns; one becomes pretty well versed in what to eat, how to bolus and how to check when things are going awry.

Smart insulin (already in the works) is the one thing that looks possible and is on my wish list. How great would it be to take only one or two shots a day?!?

Jen

1 - 3 of 3 Posts