The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the most commonly occuring food on your breakfast menu? Not your once-in-a-while exotic fling, but the tucker that's there daily or certainly most days of the week.

G

·
What's the most commonly occuring food on your breakfast menu? Not your once-in-a-while exotic fling, but the tucker that's there daily or certainly most days of the week.
Omelette made with 2 eggs, a small slice of bacon and lots of cheese. Yum!

·
Registered
429 Posts
I seem to be very sensitive blood sugar wise in the mornings, so breakfast tends to be protien based, so boiled or scambled egg, perhaps with a small slice of rye bread (I don't eat wheat) , somtimes I have a kipper

·
Registered
741 Posts
I alternate as I cannot do eggs everyday (easily bored)

day 1 eggs (scrambled with parsley and cheese) and bacon

day 2 optimists crackers (sweet) coffee with cream

day 3 repeat day 1

day 4 repeat day 2

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I get the best bgs when I eat my homemade english muffins. I make them with coconut oil,Flaxseed, almond meal, chia seeds, sesame seeds and an egg. Sometimes I mix in some cheese. I make them in the microwave and half of one is usually more than enough. I usually spread a little raw almond butter or peanut butter on top. They are also great to make grilled painnins.

Reactions: d33na

·
Registered
432 Posts
For a breakfast meal I usually have bacon or sauage,both has plenty of fat in them.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Back when I could afford bacon more often, it was an egg over easy with a few rashers of bacon or links of sausage. But it never EVER includes carbs of any kind. Right now it's whatever is in the fridge - might be last night's leftovers, might be a rib of celery or an Optimist cracker loaded with whatever cream cheese spread is mixed at the moment, might be guacamole on a cheese crisp. It might even be just a pint of coffee laced with real cream, if I'm not too hungry. I've gotten so I usually add my coconut oil to my coffee too.

Today it's going to be celery stuffed with http://www.diabetesforum.com/diabetes-recipes/7300-chunky-pecan-beef-dip.html#post63456

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
For me, 3 large spoons of greek yoghurt with 1 teaspoon honey and a liberal amount of flaked almonds. Every day, rain or shine. Sometimes add a little vanilla extract too.

I was never a breakfast eater and I tried the eggs and bacon approach, didn't work for me at all.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
My breakfast is almost always the same with only the very occasional bacon and eggs or omelette. It usually consists of 3 slices chorizo, 10 almonds, 5 slices of cucumber, 5 strawberries and three slices of cheese plus a cup of coffee with full-fat cream and fake sugar. Ya, I know it's very exact but I like the ease of making it (takes a few seconds) and it's an easy cleanup as well.

·
Registered
741 Posts
My breakfast is almost always the same with only the very occasional bacon and eggs or omelette. It usually consists of 3 slices chorizo, 10 almonds, 5 slices of cucumber, 5 strawberries and three slices of cheese plus a cup of coffee with full-fat cream and fake sugar. Ya, I know it's very exact but I like the ease of making it (takes a few seconds) and it's an easy cleanup as well.
No I think it's perfectly clever because...if you think of Einstein he always wore the same clothes...in his wardrobe was black pants and white shirts and a black jacket and his theory (the other one) was that he didn't want to clog his mind with things that can be put on automatic...his brain was busy doing other things...like a computer some things just work in the background...or changing gears in a car...becomes 2nd nature

I am no way making you feel better lol I'm telling you this as its my justification for being slightly OCD lol

Reactions: lia and Shanny

·
Registered
370 Posts
Always coffee and the newspaper to start.

Then 1 or 2 eggs, ham (Canadian Bacon) cheese and a multi grain English Muffin.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
I eat very nearly the exact same thing every day (boring huh?).

2 or 3 eggs over easy fried in virgin coconut oil

1 - 2 tablespoons of strained Greek yogurt mixed with a tablespoon of heavy cream (the semi-solid kind)

1 double espresso with 3.5 tbsp heavy cream (liquid) and 1 tbsp of coconut oil, steamed HOT until the oil disappears

About 1 cubic inch high fat cheese like Laughing Cow, Kiri, Hararti, etc.

8 - 10 kalamata olives

If I'm feeling hungry (rare) I might add 1/2 avocado with salt and lemon

Sometimes I add a tbsp of sugar-free halawa (sometimes called halva). Not to fond of the malitol, but love the sesame and it tastes just like the original!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I`m not a breakfast-person.
Usually I start my day with a big cup of coffee with full-fat cream, and thats it.

Sometimes I want to eat something, and then I eat what I feel for;
-crackers with butter, cheese and red pepper
-omelet with spring onion, red pepper, ham and tomato
-egg and bacon
-boiled egg with butter and salt
-leftovers from the dinner the day before
-salad (I usually makes big portions of chickensald, tunasalad, shrimpsalad or blackeyebeansalad and keep them in the fridge for several days)
-proteinbread with mackerel in tomato sauce or tuna
-cottage cheese with nuts and strawberry

Usually I dont eat breakfast more than 2 times during a week.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Bacon. I'll eat a couple of slices if nothing else.
Me too!

Sometimes with one or two of the following - fried egg, grilled tomatoes, mushrooms etc.

Basically, I just keep away from cereals and bread in any form.

That approach works very well for me!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Hey sweet lady . . . I for one, would dearly LOVE to try these recipes of yours. What say you? :D Wanna share? ;) Please - o please!
Pretty Please? Or may I come let you cook for me?????

:)
Of course you can have my recipe :D and if you are in this area you can join me in the kitchen for some good food:hippie:
I`ll write them in the diet section tomorrow; now I`m on my way to bed.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts