The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 1089 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since there's a "What's for Dinner?" Thread, I thought I'd start a "What's for Breakfast" to get an idea of what others eat.

Today I ate:

5oz of New York Striploin Steak
2 large eggs, fried (in butter)
1 oz. of old cheddar melted on the eggs
1/4 of a Granny Smith apple

(I find I don't tolerate much carbohydrate at breakfast, except when I'm doing distance cycling in the day, so I eat one slice of apple, or a small serving of berries, or something similar for fiber, etc.)

Nutritional Info: About 640 calories, 6g of carbs, 54g of protein, 42g of fat.

I also take some meds, etc., with my breakfast:

1000mg Glumetza (Extended-release Metformin)
75mg Arthrotec (for my osteoarthritis)
900mg Gabapentin (for nerve pain)
81mg Aspirin (Family History of Heart Disease and my own hypertension)
2000iu Vitamin D (I'm extremely deficient without supplementation)
100mg R-ALA (Alpha Lipoic Acid, for glucose management)

So, what are the rest o' ya eating today? Or any day?

·
Registered
497 Posts
Whole grain wrap with chicken breast, bacon, part skim mozzarella and mayo.

Total value: No frickin clue!!! The wrap is 25g of carbs though, 4g of fiber and 180 calories

Pretty tasty!

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
My breakfast was a nice thick slab of ham on a slice of GG bran crispbread with a little butter & mayonnaise to moisten it, and my coffee laced with real cream. Very satisfying, but not quite up there with steak & eggs, you ornery pup! And a strip steak to boot! My oh my! ;)

·
Registered
916 Posts
not very interesting breakfast but here it is..

corned beef hash, I like mine crispy. 2poached eggs on top.

I got some new for the season coffee, Pumpkin Pie with spices. I whipped the cream & put more pumpkin pie spice on it.
Not to sure I even like it :tea: but it sure smells good when being ground.

·
Registered
322 Posts
3 scrambled eggs, with ham onions and bell pepper. I a slize of ezekial sprout bread with butter, coffee with no sugar creamer.

Reactions: Dodie37737

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
not very interesting breakfast but here it is..

corned beef hash, I like mine crispy. 2poached eggs on top.
I think it's very interesting - and it's popular because it's so good. Crispy is the way to go - love it!

Y'know what? I think I should try CBH with my wee turnips . . . betcha'd never know the difference!
:D Now if our market will only put corned beef roasts on sale . . .

p.s. This thread has now been duly "stickied" right up there with what's for dinner! :D

·
Registered
235 Posts
I had 2 slice of multi grain bread with turkey, avocado, olive spread and 2 slice of chicken breast + instant coffee with milk and a glass of green tea.

No sure how many carbs it is. To me, just eat and exercise it all out.. LOL..going to have a 5 kms walk soon with my Standard Poodles

·
Registered
718 Posts
Hmmm... I don't really eat a breakfast. I have some nuts and cheese first thing... then 3 hours later I have some scrambled eggs and/or bacon. Today I had bacon :)

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Today was a leftover burger patty from the other night with 2 eggs fried, covered in a slice of old cheddar.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Greek Full-fat Yoghurt with one level teaspoon honey and flaked almonds. I just can't face meat and eggs for breakfast daily...

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Three large strawberries, three slices of Chorizo, three pieces of English cheddar, 5 slices of cucumber and 10 raw almonds plus my token cuppa w/ cream and a glass of water for my meds.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Sounds yummy! Eggs Benedict is one of my favorite dishes, but english muffins are so carb-dense. I started just putting it over a slice of thick cut ham or Canadian bacon...but I fried the eggs instead of poaching b/c I can't poach worth a crap.

Going to make egg cups tomorrow... butter a muffin tin, line each cup with a slice of ham so it goes up the sides and makes a cup, break an egg into it, top with cheese, and bake until done.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Two eggs over easy in coconut oil and/or butter
8 Kalamata olives (La Mezzetta brand from Smart & Final -the BEST I've ever fount).
Double Espresso with 3 tbsp of heavy cream and 1 tbsp virgin coconut oil, blasted with the steam wand.
One slice low-carb toast with:
- lots of butter (as much as it can absorb)
- peanut butter or almond butter
- 2 tbsp "spreadable" heavy cream
1 - 2 cubic inches high-fat cheese like Kiri, Laughing Cow, Brie, etc.

Same thing every day. I never get tired of it.

On weekends I have 3 or 4 eggs instead and make them into an omelet with hot green papers, onions and lots of grated Mexican cheese.

Mmmm.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Oooo... I think I need to add olives back into my diet. I keep forgetting about those! And pickles!

Reactions: MaJoie and HueyGirl

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
- 2 tbsp "spreadable" heavy cream
I know exactly what you mean . . . I can remember quart jars of cream that were thicker than mayonnaise. You could poke a spoon down into the jar & it stayed standing straight up. Didn't know they still made cows that gave that kind of milk! lol!

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
I know exactly what you mean . . . I can remember quart jars of cream that were thicker than mayonnaise. You could poke a spoon down into the jar & it stayed standing straight up. Didn't know they still made cows that gave that kind of milk! lol!
You're in England, right? The only "real" product comes from Devonshire and they call it "clotted cream". And believe it or not, they DID breed the cows specifically for this. They produce milk which is much higher in fat just in Devonshire county than anywhere else in the world. Thanks, UK!

I ordered it once on the net actually from Devonshire, but it seemed kind of old by the time it got here. What I get around here is actually the same fat content as heavy cream at 6g per tablespoon (not to be confused with "heavy whipping cream which only has 5.5) but they add thickeners for a wannabee clotted cream.

Anyway, it's delicious on low-carb toast.

1 - 20 of 1089 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.