The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
361 - 380 of 1089 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
This morning I had 3 slices of white bread with some egg preparation (with some masala in it) , one banana and a cup of tea with milk only .
I do not how many calories /carbohydrates that makes . Can anybody help me with this ,
For medicines this morning after breakfast I had Calcium tab,multivitamin tab,folic acid one pill ,neurobian tablet(for my hands tremor )
I am a type 2 since 2008 ,female aged 60 years

·
Inactive Member
5,318 Posts
celine said:
This morning I had 3 slices of white bread with some egg preparation (with some masala in it) , one banana and a cup of tea with milk only .
I do not how many calories /carbohydrates that makes . Can anybody help me with this ,
For medicines this morning after breakfast I had Calcium tab,multivitamin tab,folic acid one pill ,neurobian tablet(for my hands tremor )
I am a type 2 since 2008 ,female aged 60 years
Look into a carb counting book or app. You can do a quick google search for some.

As for what you ate. Each slice if bread you can figure is 15g and the banana can be up to 30g so that's 75g there. Not sure how much milk you used or what ingredients are in the masala but I'm sure you've probably pushed the 80g mark.

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
114 Posts
Going to make egg cups tomorrow... butter a muffin tin, line each cup with a slice of ham so it goes up the sides and makes a cup, break an egg into it, top with cheese, and bake until done.[/QUOTE

Would like more info on this. What is the temperature of oven? How long do you bake these? Is it difficult removing them from the muffin pans after baking? Thanks

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
wdmama hasn't been able to be here for awhile, but my best guess for oven temperature would be 350°, and 10-15 minutes oughta do it. Kinda depends on how well cooked you like your eggs - I'd say firm - not runny, but not rubbery either. I'm sure since the ham is lining the muffin tin, there shouldn't be a big struggle getting them out of the tin, especially since the tin is buttered first.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Breakfast

I had a veggie egg white omlette containing onion, garlic, sprouted beans, broccoli slaw, tomato and spinach with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese, mixed berries and a small italian sausage. Also a coffee with skim milk and stevia. It was so good and my after-meal sugar level was only 5.9mmol. My average sugar reading today was 5.5 mmol

·
Registered
174 Posts
Today I made golden flax muffin in a minute with cream cheese and s/f chocolate syrup. Coffee with coconut milk and s/f chocolate syrup.

Reactions: dae63

·
Inactive Member
5,318 Posts
Fried ham and eggs with bacon and half pint heavy cream and cup of coffee for sipping through the afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. There is a product that I have found to be very helpful. It's called No Salt Added Seasoning and they have a variety of yummies for your foods. My family has had a history of medical problems,including strokes and diabetes. My mom vouches by these products and you honestly can't tell the difference. It also helps if u make excercise a integral part of your life. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
355 Posts
My breakfast was a smoothie

handful cilantro
big handfull spinach
handfull Mint
cucumber
little piece of ginger root
Kale
1 roma tomato
1/3 of red bell pepper
1/2 avacado (optional)
1/2 unsweetened almond milk
1/2 cup heavy cream
3 tablespoons coconut oil
touch of sea salt

good day all:D

·
Registered
89 Posts
My breakfast was a smoothie

handful cilantro
big handfull spinach
handfull Mint
cucumber
little piece of ginger root
Kale
1 roma tomato
1/3 of red bell pepper
1/2 avacado (optional)
1/2 unsweetened almond milk
1/2 cup heavy cream
3 tablespoons coconut oil
touch of sea salt

good day all:D
I tried this for lunch with just a little variation based on what I had on hand. Extra spinach instead of kale, dried instead of fresh herbs, and coconut milk instead of almond milk and cream. Do you melt the coconut oil first or just put it in cold?

I drank a bit of it as a smoothie. It was good but the texture was a little gritty. I also added some more spices, including ground red pepper, and about five drops of stevia.

Then I tried heating it up in the microwave and it made a really good soup!

I like this because you get the all the good fats and veggies without too much protein.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I tried this for lunch with just a little variation based on what I had on hand. Extra spinach instead of kale, dried instead of fresh herbs, and coconut milk instead of almond milk and cream. Do you melt the coconut oil first or just put it in cold?

I drank a bit of it as a smoothie. It was good but the texture was a little gritty. I also added some more spices, including ground red pepper, and about five drops of stevia.

Then I tried heating it up in the microwave and it made a really good soup!

I like this because you get the all the good fats and veggies without too much protein.
No I dont heat the coconut oil...but this morning i spooned it into my mouth rather than the ninja...

and yes this is a convenience but very healthy thing for me..I had so many steps in the morning it was crazy ...get up check sugar take suppliments make breakfast take coconut oil etc etc etc...

now i get up check sugar take shot make smoothie and move into my day...

its packed with the things you need to have energy and it is filling. I get my veggies and fats in my body and working usually by 8 am..

i blend mine pretty well so it is a lil gritty but i can handle it and actually like a bit of it to ofset to liquidy! if that makes sense? I am still trying things with this but the base recipie is excellent for me...Im not dragging at all during my day and I needed that bad!

I noticed Im am loosing weight fast too..its gotten to the point i look forward to that thing wondering from my waking moment what can i put in there today like a mad scientist or something :D

I havent tried heating it yet but adding more avacado thickens it up and i bet that would be good hot!! I havent ever added anything to sweeten it either...I personally use the mint cilantro and ginger to control the taste for me...adding more or less of these ingrediants changes the taste the most in my opinion...

i put enough mint in it to make it minty i guess adding cinnamon would be good also!

361 - 380 of 1089 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.