The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 1089 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I made a big bowl of chickensalad yesterday, so guess what I had for breakfast....;)
Chickensalad!:)

Reactions: Dura

·
Super Moderator
6,161 Posts
Okay Shanny, I've been reading about this oyster dip of yours long enough that it's time to belly up to the bar. I love oysters - fresh, smoked, whatever - and used to keep tins of oysters in my dorm room when I was a student. It was my favorite snack, and I was confident they were safe from food thieves - whereas my roommate w/ a penchant for chips 'n dip was never as lucky.

Then I stopped eating them when I went low-fat. 40 years later they'll be back on the menu :)

Reactions: MaJoie

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Yay! I always drain off the oil, and I used to pat them dry with a paper towel before chopping, but I quit with the patting dry. But the dip is pretty soft already, so doesn't need extra oil.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Beef steak grill with butter.. cut into pieces wrap with Ice berg lettuce and tomato Plus thin cucumber slice... a few drops of sauce on it.. pepper on it!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I made an omelet with bacon and cheese, but just when I had it ready, my youngest son came, so I had to share it with him.....
He really enjoys our diet allthough he is a skinny guy and no diabetes:)

·
Registered
718 Posts
Three scrambled farm fresh eggs in grassfed butter, three slices of natural pasture raised pork bacon, and 1oz cheese. 2 cups of coffee with truvia and heavy cream.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had a Thomas' Triple Health english muffin (25g carbs, 6g fiber), a little leftover ham, and a poached egg. 203 calories to start the day.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Mine was a big glass of peach tea & oyster dip on a GG crispbread.
hmmm I wonder if the oyster dip would be nice sitting on top of a steak *licks lips*

Reactions: MaJoie

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Today I ate yesterdays leftovers from dinner; vegetables and salty lamb.

·
WHAT, I got D
3,849 Posts
I had a large bowl of my fake instant oatmeal with pecans, cinn, splenda, wonderful.

·
WHAT, I got D
3,849 Posts
what is fake oatmeal?
I thought I posted this on here but maybe not.

Instant Oatmeal Like
I had a thread earlier about a replacement for Oatmeal, but I have tweaked this to fit my morning schedule and it is wonderful. I like it better than Oatmeal myself.

In my food processor I mixed 3 cups of Almond flour with 1 cup of ground flaxseed, Splenda, salt and Cinnamon. I then mixed in some Pecan pieces.

I bagged this up in small ziplocks 2/3 cup in each bag.

I boil nearly a cup of water with 2 tablespoons of Coconut Oil, add the contents of the ziplock and cook until it is done, about 3-5 minutes. Pour it in a bowl, add a tab of butter a little heavy cream, man its good.

I haven't tried it in the microwave, but I am sure it is quite doable as well.

I found it: http://www.diabetesforum.com/diabetes-recipes/6821-instant-oatmeal-like.html

Reactions: Carolina

·
Registered
916 Posts
thank you. I didn't notice it before.

you wouldn't happen to know if you could use this dry. maybe like a apple crisp sort of thing . I see honeycrisp are in now. I know I can't make apple pie or maybe I can with a pecan crust. oh ghezz I just made myself hungry. :becky:

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
1/2 a 3-egg omelet (with diced ham, spices, green onion, green pepper, tomato, cheddar and monterey jack cheeses) 1/2 a granny smith apple and 1/2 piece of sprouted grain toast with butter, peanut butter and no-sugar-added jam.

... oops, need to clean out that sink...

... and for those interested:

Calories 546
Carbs (g) 28 (total)
Protein (g) 34
Fat (g) 31
Net Carbs 22 (less fibre)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
1/2 cup of Fiber One cereal, 1/2 small banana, and a splash of 1% milk. 28g carbs, 7g fiber, 175 calories.
I think I'd die on 175 calorie breakfast, especially one that's all carbs. It's interesting how different we all are.

I *do* love my fat and protein, lol.

Oddly, I do my best with carbs LATER in the day - I don't tolerate them at breakfast at all... I usually have only about 10g at breakfast - otherwise my BG's keep going up into unhealthy levels. (Morning is usually the highest BG levels for me - annoying Dawn Phenomenon.)

Today is an exception because I went really low yesterday, and I have a few hours of exercise planned today.

41 - 60 of 1089 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.