The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1021 - 1040 of 3026 Posts

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
There's still deli roast beef left over, so I made more of the same burritos that better half raved over the other day - fine strips of the beef & Bush's baked beans added (to his). I do think just the plain beef is delicious - it's so nice & rare & tender - salt/pepper is all it needs, but he thinks the Bush folk invented baked beans . . . :rolleyes:

·
Registered
718 Posts
There's still deli roast beef left over, so I made more of the same burritos that better half raved over the other day - fine strips of the beef & Bush's baked beans added (to his). I do think just the plain beef is delicious - it's so nice & rare & tender - salt/pepper is all it needs, but he thinks the Bush folk invented baked beans . . . :rolleyes:
Mmmmm... I haven't had deli roast beef in a while, I need to get some. When we were breadaholics, we would buy it shaved, then sautee it up with onions, load it on hoagies with some provolone for philly cheesesteaks!

I don't know that it would have the same effect without the hoagie, but maybe just rolling up a slice of beef and provolone together and heating it up would be good... could make a horseradish dipping sauce or some au jus with sauteed onions... hmmmmmmm

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Mmmmm... I haven't had deli roast beef in a while, I need to get some. When we were breadaholics, we would buy it shaved, then sautee it up with onions, load it on hoagies with some provolone for philly cheesesteaks!

I don't know that it would have the same effect without the hoagie, but maybe just rolling up a slice of beef and provolone together and heating it up would be good... could make a horseradish dipping sauce or some au jus with sauteed onions... hmmmmmmm
I bet it would made up as a wrap . . . I roll up cream cheese & sometimes my cheese spreads if they're thick enough, in just the beef slices. Anything's better rolled up in beefsteak! :D

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have steam boat last nite... Prawns, pork, lots of different vegs, chicken, mushrooms, fish balls.... all throw in to a big pot and cook it!

Cheese biscuits and coffee for dessert..

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Thanks Moon. I'm going to make this during the week and see how I like it...if it's that good, it may become a staple of my diet for sure!

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Tonight I went to my niece's house to celebrate my great nephew's 6 month old birthday (really just an excuse to see the little guy! He's so cute!). My sisters, brother-in-law, and niece all had tacos and I had a taco salad with just a small handful of tortilla chips crushed on it. It was delicious! I took my bg's before meal and it was 123 (very respectable for me) and took just my base amount of insulin (12 u Humulog). About an hour after dinner I was feeling pretty funky so I took my bg and it was 65! I was able to enjoy a chocolate cupcake and about a scoop of moosetracks ice cream to help raise it. About 15 minutes after I ate that I checked bg's again and was only at 87. Felt better, and glad my numbers didn't skyrocket after eating so much carb and sugar, but that low was really bad and I was feeling pretty bad. I leveled out at 87 and was fine after that. I'm glad my numbers are getting better for sure, but I'm going to have to ask the doctor about if my number is decent before meal and I'm not planning to eat alot of carb if I should back off the base amount and do smaller amount, if any at all at that point. I don't like having low's; they are just exhausting and I always have a headache afterwards.

·
Registered
298 Posts
wdmama said:
Meatloaf with grassfed ground beef... I still use regular breadcrumbs because it works out to minimal amounts of carbs per serving, but am thinking of trying almond meal next time. Steamed broccoli slathered in grassfed butter - our bodies need fat in order to absorb all the nutrients from our veggies!

Yum!
My husband chops up almonds in the food processor and adds to his meatloaf and I love it

·
Registered
718 Posts
Chicken Cacciatore..

without pasta. :(
I've only made this once, years ago...but it was really good. I might have to try it again... with spaghetti squash or zucchini noodles.

Reactions: Carolina

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I have been playing the domestic goddess today. Cooked up a very nice Leek and Broccoli soup for lunch and a hearty beef stew with a side of green cabbage for tea.

Reactions: Shanny

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi all, rump steak & salad, yum and plenty left for breakfast, went to Doc's today having been on low carb for a month Im the same weight 110kgs, still losing inches around waist but same weight, must be building muscle..........

·
Registered
497 Posts
Last night I had a feast. My mom gave us a turkey for thanksgiving but we forgot it in the car overnight, so an unplanned turley dinner. Glorious! I had Turkey, peas, stuffing a roasted potatoes and to finish it all off a piece of lemon pie. Muy wife made me and said that it wouldn't kill me, so I caved. 2 hour PD was 6! I couldn't believe it!

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
LOL! Did the same thing years ago myself, Paul! And glorious is the best description for it! And we know you'll be back on plan today, right?! ;)

Last night I had a feast. My mom gave us a turkey for thanksgiving but we forgot it in the car overnight, so an unplanned turley dinner. Glorious! I had Turkey, peas, stuffing a roasted potatoes and to finish it all off a piece of lemon pie. Muy wife made me and said that it wouldn't kill me, so I caved. 2 hour PD was 6! I couldn't believe it!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Already back on plan, had leftovers for lunch and was 5.3 after, no pie!

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
One more wrap from the deli roast beef (and we polished it off, I promise!) ;)

I sliced it very thin again, as usual, placed it in the wrap along with a handful of grated sharp cheddar cheese & 2-3 tbsp. of minced onion. Rolled it up & warmed it enough to melt the cheese, then I drizzled it with the au jus I'd kept from roasting it - since I had rubbed the roast with coconut oil for roasting it, the au jus was a nice beefy coconut oil sauce & was perfect to moisten the wrap. Had to be eaten with a fork, of course. Only mistake was serving it on paper plates, and everlovin's request was to serve it next time on "real" plates, so he could cut it up without cutting up his plate. Y'think he expects to have it again? :D

·
Registered
718 Posts
Zucchini and meatballs here...delicious! 1/2 grassfed beef, 1/2 salsicca sausage (fresh made no-nitrates)... used a different attachment on my mandolin and it sliced the zucchini into perfect "noodles" - sauteed those in grassfed butter until a little tender. So yummy!

Reactions: Bugg and d33na

·
Registered
916 Posts
Listen to this...

Corn & bacon waffles. 2 whole waffles.

corn meal, flour,egg, b.soda,baking powder,dry buttermilk,salt,vanilla,milk,sugar,corn kernals,cooked bacon.
topped with canned cherrypie filling &syrup,sour cream.

She tested 2hrs later 89...:frusty::rant:

I don't believe one word of it.well maybe she eat it but the number I don't get .Or she is rubbing it in my face ,that this is what she eats & I can't.

I think I am about to un-friend her...

1021 - 1040 of 3026 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.