The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
221 - 240 of 538 Posts
G

·
6 Coconut prawns (84g uncooked) with avocado mayonnaise dip. The recipe was in the weekend magazine for a daily paper here. I just subbed in coconut flour for the ordinary flour on the prawns. 1 hour 5.1, 2 hour 5.2. Good fasting this morning afterwards, so no ill-effects. I'm going to be doing a lot more making stuff out of these magazines, because it's fun.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Crispy Bacon and Avocado salad from a local chain called Sandwich Baron.

Before lunch 81
2 hours after lunch : 85

:)

Reactions: Shanny

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
7.0 .... 1 hr after chicken & veg soup with 2 sm cubes of potato.
And 1/4 bb muffin & cheese made with stone flour (local) with no preservatives or articficial colourants.
Last night I tested after a 1/4 of the muffin, no spike. It might have been the tiny potato cubes. Disappointed.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Italian style stuffed mushroom with green salad.
Mmmm, it was good. I might moozy on over to the recipe board and put it up there in a bit.

Reactions: captain1

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Big salad from the Get-N-Go Mini Mart by my work. For $5.00 you get a HUGE salad with whatever you want on it. Mine was full of veggies, eggs, some ham and turkey, bacon and ranch dressing!!! Yum!

Although I ate the whole thing and could lay down for a snooze now! :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Lunch tends to be my heaviest meal. It's the one where I'll usually eat some meat and veggies. Sometimes I have a hamburger (with fresh ground meat). I live on top of six Chinese delis where I can two entrees and rice (which I usually dump) for $5!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
For lunch I most of the time eat as i did today;
3 slices of my protein bread with butter and for example cheese, ham, tomatofish, tuna, yam (sugarfree of course), salomon, shrimps, mayonaisse, salad, salted meat or whatever I feel for.
I also eat one boiled egg and drink a glass of water.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Lunch is my big meal of the day. One pork chop, green beans, and a tiny potato...and I mean tiny.

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
About 65 grams...

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
Okay, I'm thinking Ray is talking weight grams, not carb grams. If weight it would be ~15 carbs.

·
Registered
96 Posts
weight grams...

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I did the mistake to eat about 70 grams of potatoe one day, which made my BG flew up to 12 immediately. 2 hours later it was 7,6.
I`ve decided that potatoe are poison for my BG :mad:

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
1 avocado (minus "off" areas), 1 handful prawns, scattering of lettuce greens and a bathing of pink mayonnaise... nom, nom.

·
Inactive Member
5,318 Posts
optimist said:
I did the mistake to eat about 70 grams of potatoe one day, which made my BG flew up to 12 immediately. 2 hours later it was 7,6.
I`ve decided that potatoe are poison for my BG :mad:
Have u tried the resistant starch potatoes? They work for me.

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
148 Posts
Homemade sausage and cabbage soup. :) Yummy! (1 cup portion)

(made with 4 turkey sausages, 1/2 head of cabbage chopped, 1/2 medium onion, 2 small roma tomatoes, garlic powder, chicken stock and black pepper) (about 6-7 portions)

Reactions: VeeJay and moon
221 - 240 of 538 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.