Status
Not open for further replies.
241 - 260 of 538 Posts

·
Inactive Member
5,318 Posts
optimist said:
What is resistant starch potatoes?
If you search the diet and recipe section you'll find a thread that discusses them. You'll also see two entries I did where I show my numbers after eating them. I'd copy the link in here, but I haven't figured out how to do that with my phone yet. Sorry

Sent from my iPhone

·
Premium Member
9,421 Posts
Homemade sausage and cabbage soup. :) Yummy! (1 cup portion)

(made with 4 turkey sausages, 1/2 head of cabbage chopped, 1/2 medium onion, 2 small roma tomatoes, garlic powder, chicken stock and black pepper) (about 6-7 portions)
Ohhhh.... another non-dairy food. I'm going to give this one a try. Some chicken stock is on my stove right now - bones from a broasted store-bought chicken.

Sounds yummy, indeed!

·
Premium Member
9,421 Posts
Today's lunch is one of my favorites.

Corned beef and spinach rollups: Budding corned beef slices, spread with mayo and rolled around spinach leaves.

Artichoke salad: artichoke quarters (canned), sliced radishes, celery, black olives - with an olive oil vinegarette dressing.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Ohhhh.... another non-dairy food. I'm going to give this one a try. Some chicken stock is on my stove right now - bones from a broasted store-bought chicken.

Sounds yummy, indeed!
Hi Veejay!

It is very tasty! I hope you enjoy! :)

Other veggies that also work really nice with sausage are kale and spinach. Mmmm! :)

·
hans
1,548 Posts
Today as usual a Greek salad when visiting the Cafeteria at the library in Lund. Reading yesterday´s paper - ÖP from my old hometown up north in Östersund.

Photos taken with my smartphone and a bit unsharp due to bad light . Well, perhaps I´ll invest in a Nokia 920 when it´s on the market. Said to take sharp pictures in bad light.

Cold but the rain has moved up north, so perhaps out for a bike ride before dinner.

(Only ate half of the bread)

Attachments

·
hans
1,548 Posts
What a nice facility that is Hans!
Yes, it´s a nice place to sit down eat and relax reading newspapers from Sweden and also from other parts of the world. If the weather is nice you can have your meal outside on the terrace. The Cafeteria is run by a kind family from Columbia.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
It's not really lunchtime, but my 2nd meal was a lettuce wrap made with: Ham, chicken, 2 TBSP Mayo, 1oz Swiss Cheese, Crumbled Bacon, Diced Tomato, oil/vinegar dressing, Pepper all wrapped in a nice romaine leaf.

I was also cooking up some nice chorizo sausage I got from the farmer's market... and somehow ended up eating most-of a link of that too... (My boys had a few slices of it... I had the bulk of it. 'twas NUMMY.)

·
Premium Member
9,421 Posts
a double cheeseburger on faux cornbread. The bread crumbles a bit, especially with such a tall sandwich, but it tasted great.

two squares of 90% chocolate with peanutbutter spread on top.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Today I'm having some lettuce wraps as a pre-workout meal:

Chicken breast (skin on) with mayo, oil/vinegar sauce, pickle, tomato, bacon, swiss cheese and some pepper. Diet coke on the side.

This is about 730 calories... 4g carbohydrate, 50g protein and 57g fat.

It's about 69% fat, 30% protein and 3% carbohydrate.

Attachments

Reactions: Carolina

·
WHAT, I got D
3,849 Posts
I had 3 hot dogs on home made hot dog buns, I couldn't have been happier.

Reactions: Carolina

·
hans
1,548 Posts
Today eating out as usual. This time a sallad with shrimps. Then calling my diabetes nurse - in need of new lancets and strips. She told me I had very good numbers, so I obviously wasn´t in need for so many strips. Only had to test every second day, she said.

Well, I said that I was active on an internationell diabetes forum and she seemed glad to hear that. So in the end I got 150 more free strips. Gave her the adress to this forum. Interesting to hear her reaction if she reads the posts more thoroughly . (I don´t know if she will read this post). But anyway it´s nice to have contact with her - supportive.

Edit: Why this large page? Have to minimize to 75 % to see all of it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,421 Posts
You have a keeper in that DN. BTW - I use one lancet for about 6 months or so. I haven't had to buy any new ones in two years.

Edit: Why this large page? Have to minimize to 75 % to see all of it.
I guess it's because of the over-large photo in the post above. When a moderator comes by s/he will reduce it.

·
hans
1,548 Posts
You have a keeper in that DN. BTW - I use one lancet for about 6 months or so. I haven't had to buy any new ones in two years.

Ok, didn´t know that you can use the same lancet many times. The extra cost of strips - a calculation if I check one or sometimes two times a day: The cost will be about 650 kr (100 USD) a year and the rest of the costs for diabetes healthcare covered by public insurance. So I can take that.

·
Inactive Member
5,318 Posts
I keep a couple extra lancets on me in case BH wants to test, but otherwise I only change them out when they get dull or start hurting. So far about every two months give or take depending on how dry my skin is.

Sent from my iPhone

·
hans
1,548 Posts
Counted my lancets - 200. So if I change every two years I will have lancets for the next 400 years. Well who knows? I might be an ikon for diabetics, yes an example how to survive, still alive and kickin´ 400 years ahead holding on to a low carb diet :)

·
Registered
800 Posts
Veal steak sauteed in butter, with parsnip chips (fries to those across the pond), 25g cheese, handful of almonds and a black plum.

John.in.france ate the same thing.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I had scrambled eggs on 1 slice of wholemeal toast.
3 eggs with 1\4tsp margarine and dash of milk and 1\4 tsp of margarine spreaded on my toast. With tablespoon of BBQ Sauce.

Glass coconut and pineapple juice.

241 - 260 of 538 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.