The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
281 - 300 of 538 Posts

·
hans
1,548 Posts
Having lunch out nearly every day. Today a chicken salad at the library cafeteria in Lund. Simultaneously reading the newspaper, watching live cross country skiing on my smartphone and listening to my ex sharing the adventurous experiences she had when participating in "Tjejvasan" this Saturday (30 km of skiing for women). After a while a sudden craving for a sweet cake arose. Just had one and now 1.5 hour later a sugar level of 5.1.

·
hans
1,548 Posts
Today the same chicken salad as yesterday with some sweet tasting dressing at the library cafeteria and also bread and a very sweet chocolate ball. In a way I just wanted to test once again to see if I could stand it. Must have been nearly 80 g of carbs - far too much. After one hour 7.1 (128) and after two hours 5.1 (92). Could have been worse, but no more experimenting. Back on the wagon again.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Not the best, but it works

For lunch:

3 ounces (85g) Spring mix salad greens
1 sliced medium tomato
2 Tbsp homemade Italian dressing (red wine vinegar, Olive oil & spices)
3 oz Sockeye Salmon, broiled

·
hans
1,548 Posts
Today a buffet at a restaurant with a lot of dishes. Tasted nearly all of the dishes including potatoes and bread, but skipped the cake afterwards. 45 minutes later 5.1 and 1.5 hour later down to 4.6. Very good numbers. Definitely expected them to be higher. Think I´ll have a Sunday buffet also next week:eek:

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Lunch today was a salmon burger served in lettuce leaves rather than a bun and topped with a homemade sauce consisting of mayo, sour cream, lemon juice, onion and dill. The salmon burgers were purchased pre-made and despite having potato flakes as a binder they only had 4 carbs per burger.

·
hans
1,548 Posts
Today a large sandwich with shrimps and mayonnaise at a cafeteria in Helsingborg 40 km (25 miles) from home. 1.5 hour later a number of 4.8.

A dark photo of the Öresund strait and Denmark on the other side, where ferrys depart every 20 minutes with passengers who return packed with liquor that you can get at a low cost in any supermarket or private liqour store in Denmark, whereas in Sweden you only by liquor in special shops run buy the state. That´s the way it is...

Attachments

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
I had a bento box lunch, different from my usual chef's salad"
2 hb eggs, sliced.
leftover green beans with salad dressing (and butter!)
cherry tomatoes
3 TBS cottage cheese (YUP, I measure my cottage cheese in TBS now!).
1 oz almonds
1/2 cucumber, sliced, with lemon juice, olive oil, and Melinda's extra-hot habanero, simply dumped over it!

It was nice to have separate little things, for a change!

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
Inspired by the "breadless" sandwiches in another thread, today I made tuna salad (1/2 can with mayo, pickle and 1/4 oz red bell pepper) served in 2 oz of cucumber hollowed out. A couple pickle slices and baby mixed greens with a tiny bit of Girard's Champagne dressing. The cucumber really mad a good bun substitute!!

The plate is a bread plate, I don't usually eat much of anything for lunch. I just wanted to try out the cucumber as "bread".

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
Nice grammaB - I'll be right over!

Reactions: grammaB

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had two boiled eggs for breakfast,sirloin steak with mushrooms ,onion tomato,pan fried in ev olive oil,for lunch,dinner was a 1/4 pound beef burger ,fried egg ,cheese,onion,mushrooms and tomato's again with EV olive oil.

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
Lunch today is the other half of the tuna salad from yesterday over a couple of cups of mixed baby greens with slices of cucumber and red bell pepper. Also a cup of tea with CO and HWC.

·
hans
1,548 Posts
Today once again a Sunday buffet, small sausages, meatballs, roasted ham, raw spiced salmon, sallad and also potatoes, bread and pancake as a dessert. Now 1.5 hour later a figure of 3.9! Needed to test once again on another finger and this time 4.3.
Diabetes sometimes is unpredictable...

·
Registered
341 Posts
Chicken berast , a tomato ( certainly can't wait for fresh from the garden instead of the tasteless store bought ) , cole slaw and 8oz milk ; oh yeah.. and my appitiser before lunch " Novolog"

·
hans
1,548 Posts
Same buffet as last Sundays and once again very low figures. After 45 minutes 5.6 and after 1.5 hour 4.7. Lots of meat, fish, salad and also some potatoes, bread and two smaller pancakes as a dessert. The other day when eating out I only had one sandwich on an empty stomach and 6.8. Seems when my meal includes lots of meat, fish, salad I can stand a larger amount of carbs.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Salad made mostly with spinach a little romaine, celery, cucumber and 3 small chicken tenderloins with lots of evoo and red wine vinegar - cup of hot tea.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Today is going to be homemade sausage stuffed with spinach and provolone cheese and a salad.

Sausage making ; curing meat like corned beef , pastrami , bacon and my smoker is one of my favorite hobbies. Since low carb it seems I have been doing more of it since no more carb overloading. I really miss making breads though. Still making some bread just for something to do and send most out for freinds and family.

·
hans
1,548 Posts
Today I headed north, a 25 minutes drive up to Helsingborg. Had a very tasty chicken salad at a cafeteria. Lots of Danes who take a 25 minutes ferry trip across the Öresund strait. Shopping different things that you can get here at a lower cost than in Denmark. After that driving down to Barsebäck, where I use to take a dip in the ocean. Took some pictures:

1. Traditional easter twigs - colored feathers on birch twigs . A very common sight in Sweden during Easter, nearly in every home.

2. Standing on the steps and in the background the tower Kärnan. ( All of a sudden a man asked if he could help so I let him use my smartphone so I´m depicted in the foreground ).

3. Barsebäck. Well, think I´ll wait for a dip in the ocean till the ice has disappeared.

Attachments

281 - 300 of 538 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.