Registered
800 Posts
Navajo lamb and squash stew, almonds.
Raw milk cheese (John only)

Cooked in butter and olive oil.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Stir fried chicken and broccoli, clementine, almonds.
+Raw milk cheese (John)

Oil used: Raw sesame.
Soya sauce used: raw lactic fermented Tamari.

·
hans
1,548 Posts
Dark and grey today. Just an attach of this typical Nordic melancholy and spleen, common this time of the year. Looking for remedy, so I just stepped into my car, out on highway heading north. Ended up in the city of Ängelholm 60 km north from home and had lunch at the library cafe. No Russian pastries any more, but a chicken salad. Thank god for the libraries. Eating, reading newspapers and magazines and you very soon get in a much better mood.

A photo this grey day:

1. A Christmas tree in front of the library. Three flags: Town flag, National flag and an EU flag blowing in the wind

Attachments

·
Registered
800 Posts
Chicken madras, raspberries.
+John raw milk cheese, raw almonds.

·
Registered
6,071 Posts
Lunch was a big, crisp piece of lettuce used as a liner inside of a small bowl, and then filled with avocado, a few olives, tuna, and topped with salt and pepper. Contents and liner were both delicious. :hungry:
- Lunch is usually small. I am pressed for time at work and only have a bit of time to eat.

·
Super Moderator
9,523 Posts
Sandwiches and chips for lunch for second day in a row. Ate the meat, cheese, and lettuce, tossed the rest. They may quit feeding me if I don't start eating all the nutritious stuff they are providing. If they do I got a can of tuna, a can of sardines, a block of sharp cheddar, and 2 bags of pork rinds. I can survive on that.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Pork chop and roast parsnip, raw almonds, clementine.
John + raw milk cheese.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Roast lamb with mashed rutabaga (swede to us Brits). Almonds. Raw milk cheese. clementine.

·
hans
1,548 Posts
Driving to the library cafe in Lund today. Had my Greek salad and a very tiny piece of bread. Also went out to the coast to the old fishing village where I use to take my dips in the ocean. Flooded and high waves. Perhaps 1.5 meter higher water level than normally. Also a walk in the nearby small wood along a path. Lots of branches on the path and I saw about 60 trees that had fallen down ( Ok, I didn´t count them).

Now time for dinner. Salmon today and lowcarb turnips.

Some photos:

1. Boats on land during winter and one boat floating in the flooded area.
2. Waves hitting the shore and the pier
3. The small river close from home now very wide.
4. Pines across the path

Attachments

·
hans
1,548 Posts
VeeJay, yes it was very cold. Especially out in the fishing village. Blizzards of cornsnow and I had in mind to get out on the pier to get the ultimate pictures of the high waves. The result was that I stepped into flooded mud. Soaking wet and mud on my trousers. Had to go home for a change, so I looked presentable when I had lunch at the library. Another adventurous day as retired ;)

·
Super Moderator
9,523 Posts
A can of tuna, some pork rinds, a couple of cheese garlic bread sticks, a spring greens salad, and ranch dressing for all.

·
hans
1,548 Posts
No need to give daily reports about my lunch habits, but there might be of some general interest, because I have the habit of eating lunch out. There has been a lot of reconnaissance to find places serving food I can tolerate. But now I have a pretty good overview. For example the library cafe in Lund, where they have three different lowcarb salads on the menu.

Many other places tend to have salads containing pasta or bulgur, so I avoid them. I also found a thread in the Kostdoktorn (Dietdoctor) discussion forum, where you can get tips where lowcarb dishes are served around Sweden and also in some places abroad. Personally I´ve recommended a restaurant in Lund - salad with chicken and bacon. Actually my special menu, which now is an official menu called LCHF.

I´ve noticed that there are an increasing number of restaurants having LCHF menus, so it is relatively easy now to find a place serving dishes with variety of food components and that is just great. Well, today I had my habitual Greek salad at the library in Lund.

Snowfall this morning and the roads were covered with ice. Very slow pace on the highway and still three vehicles had slipped off the road, but I arrived home safely. Ought to change to snow tires. There is also a law predicting snow tires from the first of December.

·
Super Moderator
9,523 Posts
Out Christmas shopping with BH. Stopped for lunch at On the Border. Having Caesar salad and guacamole. They made the guacamole at the table. Three avocados. I am happy, happy, happy!!!

381 - 400 of 538 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.