The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
521 - 538 of 538 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,421 Posts
Corned beef slices laid across a plain LC pizza crust that was spread with bacon grease and a slice of cheese. Slightly warmed in the toaster oven. Raw spinach layered on it before eating.

Side dish of olives.

·
Registered
219 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
On many work days, I don't have lunch but eat when I get home around 3:00. But I was better organized this morning, so I packed a celery stalk, 3 turkey sausage links, and half an avocado. It was a very tasty lunch!

·
Registered
830 Posts
My bg likes avocado. I've been having it with butter, salt and pepper for breakfast most days. Just ate my last one. Gotta get over this migraine so I can go to the store.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Do you find avocado makes your BS very happy and very stable? I stopped eating it for a bit and am riding some random roller coaster. Not bad but not as good as when I eat it. Is it just me?
Yes, I have noticed that my BG readings are very good after I eat avocado. I love avocado anyway, but even more now :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
My lunch most days:

3 cups of mixed salad greens,
a small handful of alfalfa sprouts
a sliced avocado
a couple of slices of red onion
a small handful of oil dried olives,
100 grams of sardines or mackerel
a small tomato

all doused with a little EVO and pink salt.

Usually leaves my tummy happy until dinner at 9 p.m.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Half a cheese sandwich with mustard, sardines and some olives. Alas, that single piece of bread shot my BG to 200. Poo.

·
Premium Member
9,421 Posts
Ate at Perkin's Restaurant for lunch. I usually get their salmon which is very good, but today had their grilled chicken breast (grilled in garlic and butter). Two sides: green beans and bacon, and sauteed spinach. Was a very good and filling meal. I saved half the chicken breast for another meal at home.

I have to avoid gluten, and so far I have not had a problem there. They don't have a gluten-free menu, but are willing to find the answer to any of my questions.

·
Administrator
Type 2
2,002 Posts
I'm still stuck in the extreme lazy mode, so my late lunch was the following.

1 can of Chunk White Albacore (tuna)
2 hard boiled eggs. (I buy them from Costco already boiled and peeled.)
2 TBL of Mellman's mayo

I mashed everything up, added salt and pepper and then blended in the mayo. Oh, and I sprinkled a bit of paprika on top.

Yup, the ultimate in lazy, but it was nice after my walk.

521 - 538 of 538 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.