The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 538 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Egg salad on lettuce and a regular salad with a slice of turkey. Pumpkin purée with a little cream cheese......cinnamon,nutmeg, and Splenda.

Reactions: MsTCB

·
Registered
709 Posts
I had greek yoghurt with berries...very yummy getting used to the taste of the greek yoghurt

·
Banned
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I had greek yoghurt with berries...very yummy getting used to the taste of the greek yoghurt
I hope I can. The last time I tried it, it tasted too "chalky" for me. I think I'll try it again with some berries and maybe add in some Stevia. "Sweet" always makes it go down. :)

·
Banned
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I'm thinking today maybe an apple and some cheese......maybe a few olives too.
OLIVES!! I LOVE olives - thanks for reminding me of them. They are going on my grocery list. :) :target:

·
Registered
741 Posts
I had my dorta over for lunch and we had smoked bacon with butter beans and onions and mushrooms...in a sauce with tomatos and woster sauce..was delish

·
Registered
916 Posts
I hope I can. The last time I tried it, it tasted too "chalky" for me. I think I'll try it again with some berries and maybe add in some Stevia. "Sweet" always makes it go down. :)
this is the GY I buy. let me say I have tried them all. it is creamy. not bitter either. I put smuckers sugar free jam in it sometimes.
9cbs per cup. its 2% that I don't like but I can't find full fat.

sorry my pic won' t post. its called 'Fage'.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Today's lunch for me was can of white albacore tuna with mayo, half a tomato, and two hard-boiled eggs. I'm pretty full! I had a cheese omelet for breakfast that hubby made me last evening and packed up for me. Not sure what is for dinner tonight. I think we have fish (flounder) with shrimp mixture on top. Usually pretty good. Also use Lobster Bisque with Almond Milk as a sauce. I got my Miracle Noodles, so I may try those tonight with this meal. Yum!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Hubby and I went to Golden Corral today. I'm sure I blew it. Had big salad, baked fish, buff wings, 2 bites of meatloaf. One thumb length of orange sherbet and 1/2 slice of their sugar free mocha cake which am sure was full of carbs. I will take my BG before dinner and find out how bad I did. Way too much for me to eat but sure was good. Think I will get on the treadmill to try to keep the numbers from scaring me to death.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
'Lunch' today was a post-workout smoothie:

1.5 scoops of my Protein powder, a little glutamine powder, Splash of Cream (about 2 tbsp), 1/4c of greek yogurt (strawberry - can't stand plain), about 1/2c of combined strawberries and blackberries (frozen), a small handful of spinach and 4 baby carrots and one packet of stevia.

Calories 428
Carbs (g) 26
Protein (g) 40
Fat (g) 19
Net Carbs 23

I Added water (approximately 1 cup) to all the ingredients until I had the consistency I wanted.

The cream and greek yogurt helped make it REALLY rich, almost like a berry milkshake. Nom.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Lunch for me today was some white albacore tuna with mayo, and I used lettuce leaves as wraps and ate little mini tuna wraps. They were delicious! I also had a small honey crisp apple. Good lunch!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Noon test was 98. Lunch was a couple of ham and swiss rollups, two pickles and maybe a dozen almonds, washed down with a Hint water.

[grumble] And even with five units of Novolog, my sugar will probably be 140+ after two hours. [/grumble] :mad:

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Noon test was 98. Lunch was a couple of ham and swiss rollups, two pickles and maybe a dozen almonds, washed down with a Hint water.

[grumble] And even with five units of Novolog, my sugar will probably be 140+ after two hours. [/grumble] :mad:
NotBubba, it could be the ham. I discovered, with the help and suggestion by another forum friend, that lunch meat can have alot of sugar in it. I ate honey ham (should have known just from the honey part right?) and it spiked my sugar. I tried it again today, and sure enough was up there. So, no more honey ham for me! I'll be using another type that does not have as much sugar or carb in it. (Actually many lunch meats are high in carbs so be careful with the ones you eat). Live and learn right? Good Luck!

·
Registered
66 Posts
NotBubba, it could be the ham. I discovered, with the help and suggestion by another forum friend, that lunch meat can have a lot of sugar in it.
Never in a million years would I have thought of that! Great info, thanks. :) It's Eckrich Ham off the Bone sliced paper-thin...six slices, three slices of swiss cheese as wrappers. Was delicious, so it most likely did have some sugary goodness hidden inside...

Quickly googled and found the nutrition info. Not bad on the surface, but we'll see...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Another post-workout simple smoothie:

1.5 scoops protein powder
1 scoop glutamine
frozen strawberries and raspberries (just over 1/2c combined)
1/4c heavy cream
1 pkt stevia

411 calories
16g carbohydrate (3g fiber)
23g fat
36g protein

·
Registered
1,491 Posts

Plain almonds? Or some with a delicious candy coating? :D

·
Registered
66 Posts
Plain almonds? Or some with a delicious candy coating? :D
Oh, no, just the plain, low sodium, blah almonds. And not many of 'em, either. #wouldhavepreferredcandycoatingthough

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Oh, why not?

2 tea eggs (hardboiled eggs cooked with soy sauce and tea and spices)
1 cheddar stick
1 oz mixed nuts
2 c raw cabbage salad with soy sauce, olive oil (barbaric, ain't I?) and vinegar, a little hot sauce ...

15g carb, give or take. No insulin.

41 - 60 of 538 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.