The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 100 of 538 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Since my bg spikes if I eat Wheaties for First Breakfast, I've started eating them (with almonds and almond milk) for Second Breakfast, which is sort of like lunch. So far, so good.

·
Registered
429 Posts
wow you can eat this lol good for you.

I can't. lentils are legumes & no carrots for me.:(
I'm ok with those, about 20g of carbs, I seem to be getting better at the moment, as my weight has come down my blood sugar is less volatile.

It's bread and potatoes I have issues with, so I avoid those

·
Registered
782 Posts
For the past couple of days I've had Joe's Special and a piece of buttered toast for breakfat instead of a single hard-boiled egg and toast. Gotta love a dish that was developed "to sate the early-morning appetites of a marauding band of Prohibition-era jazz musicians" (source). :p

There are all kinds of recipes for it online. I just scramble up a little hamburger, throw in a couple of whisked eggs and a bit of spinach, and add whatever seasonings I feel like (salt, pepper, onion, garlic, maybe some marjoram or hot sauce or nutmeg). You can add cheese if you want, but I usually don't since string cheese is my go-to snack the rest of the day.

Reactions: Shanny

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yesterday a kaiser roll sent my numbers high, so today I made a sausage omelot and laid it over a single piece of toast. I also had some ocean spray lower carb juice. My pre dinner BG was 96, so that seemed to be good for me.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Tuna Salad or chicken salad with a little lettuce. I add a hard boiled egg if I am really hungry. Sometimes I eat a chef salad with ranch or blue cheese dressing (2 or 1 grammes carbs for 2 tbs dressing)

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Quick & delicious lunch of tuna salad wrap. Stirred together a package of tuna, s/f relish, mayo & a touch of mustard. Laid a lettuce leaf in a low-carb/high-fiber wrap & loaded it with the salad mixture. OMG it was good - or else I was just starved! :D

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I really shouldn't read the What's For .... blogs after 9:00 p.m. I've been reading what you all have eaten for lunch today and now I'm hungry! Mind over matter? Maybe...stomach isn't growling so I guess I'll leave this thread until tomorrow. But, it has certainly given me some thoughts on things for lunch tomorrow!

Also, Carolina, will you come here and cook for me? Your pictures are so appetizing and appealing to the eye. Looks scrumptious!

Reactions: Carolina

·
Registered
916 Posts
Also, Carolina, will you come here and cook for me? Your pictures are so appetizing and appealing to the eye. Looks scrumptious!

lol not till the winter has passed. This old gal hates cold , ice & snow. My winters in the south do me just fine :peace:

I just love to cook so when dx I thought well this sucks. I now work around any food item or recipe to suit me. If its to much trouble or to many wierd ingred I don't have I just don't bother lol. Its not that hard really. I just take out the items I can't have & run with the ones I can. :hungry:

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Lunch today was bacon/eggs & heavily creamed coffee (yes, it was nearly noon by the time we got up! :p). I added half a GG cracker to my meal. Sure was delicious & filling!

But I'm still hung up on the tuna salad wraps - gotta get to town & restock tuna.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Quick & delicious lunch of tuna salad wrap. Stirred together a package of tuna, s/f relish, mayo & a touch of mustard. Laid a lettuce leaf in a low-carb/high-fiber wrap & loaded it with the salad mixture. OMG it was good - or else I was just starved! :D
I also do the tuna salad in lettuce thingy but I have never tried it with mustard. I'll have to give it a go. My reason for posting is more because your post reminding me of a sandwich I used to love but since pita bread is now off my menu, I haven't made it. I may have to try it with lettuce in place of the pita bread. It consisted of:

A halved pita bread opened to form a pocket (now a large piece of lettuce)

Mix together mayonnaise and horseradish (amounts depend on your preferences; I use about a half cup of mayo and a couple of tablespoons of horseradish as I just happen to love horseradish (there's a story for a future date) ;-). Spread the mixture liberally inside the pita pocket making sure it covers the entire inside. Insert some cucumber slices, tomato if it doesn't raise your levels, and some fresh real cheddar cheese (not processed slices!). Occasionally I will add some watercress if it is available and fresh.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
My mustard may serve a lot the same purpose as your horseradish . . . just a little heat. I like the horsey sauce at Arby's, but usually horseradish is too strong for me. Mustard makes me salivate every time - I LOVE a little mustard! :D

·
Registered
916 Posts
Costco has the BEST tuna. Bar none.....Kirkland brand. the site says its Bumble Bee NO it is not. Its nothing like any canned bumble bee I ever had.
I do make it from fresh tuna sometime but it has total diff taste. good.. Like canned salmon isn't as good as fresh salmon cooked & mixed for salad or stuffing etc. Crab or canned fish in general.

For canned tuna its costco .. oh & the chunk chicken is really good too.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Hey Guys tried some new stuff.... I think I can give KFC a run for their money !!

Ingredients

1. 2 Chicken legs (frozen)
2. 25 gms almonds raw, unsoaked
3. One table spoon mustard (ground)
4. 20 gms butter
5. Finely grated cheese (did not measure)
6. Salt (if you want) I did not use salt because my butter was salted

Process:
0. Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celcius
1. Keep the frozen chicken in water to let the ice melt
2. Melt the butter. Add mustard powder and mix
3. Prepare almond meal. Add grated cheese to it and lay out the mixture on a plate
4. Dip the Chicken legs in the butter/mustard mixture.
5. Roll the Chicken legs on the plate that contains the almond meal and cheese mixture. Roll it well to make sure the material sticks well on the chicken legs
6. Put the chicken legs in the oven for 30-40 minutes.
7. Remove when golden brown and smells delicious

To enjoy this I had this with some sauteed broccoli and a diet coke (in my goblet) in the nice bright winter sun ! Made my day :D

Effect on BGs :- Two hours after meal - 91.

81 - 100 of 538 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.