The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
141 - 160 of 538 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,421 Posts
Smoked herring (from a can of "kippers) mixed with mayo to make a spread... on Optimist crackers,

rolled up spinach leaves with an onion dip

stewed "apple" dessert (cucumbers simmered with with pecans and coconut flakes with reconstituted sugar-free apple cider mix and a couple spoons of Waldon Farms calorie free apple butter)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Today's lunch will be Tuna salad with Romaine lettuce, black olives, cucumber, a cherry tomato all drizzled with Extra Virgin Olive Oil. I have pretty much the same every day but the protein/fat might be Cheddar cheese or Feta cheese :)

·
Premium Member
9,421 Posts
Warmed up turkey Italian sausage with: 1T chopped tomatoes, a handfull of baby spinach, a few artichoke heart quarters, a half dozen black olives - seasoned with a sprinkle of Italian seasoning, and a dash of parmasan cheese (which I shouldn't have but it was only a little!).

(I really like Italian seasoning, but prefer not to have an Italian tomato sauce - I know, I'm wierd)

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
Broiled a ribeye that has been taunting me for a couple of days, with the problem that I wanted A LOT of it, not a meager 3 oz ... so I did the responsible thing, and melted plenty of butter on top to further boost the fat.

I'm getting used to this!

Reactions: Shanny and Patdart

·
Registered
249 Posts
salad with boiled eggs, turkey and ham pieces, and some cheese pieces.

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
Smothered (bacon, chives, gobs of mixed cheeses) cauliflower served w/ a huge *plop* of sour cream.

Reactions: Ocean

·
Premium Member
9,421 Posts
fried hamburger with green salsa

Optimist "toasted onion" crackers, spread with oil and sprinkled with dry taco seasoning and some immitation white cheese, put in the toaster oven to melt the "cheese".

coleslaw (no, it's not Mexican, but it was there already made up).

·
Registered
304 Posts
went to Subway got a salad of lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, red onion, cucumber and green pepper with two scoops of tuna on top - yummy and needed no dressing.:)

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
Oh, that's a good on-the-road (or even sometimes off) idea. I've stayed away from Subway just cuz - but that's a grand plan.

Reactions: captain1

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
Ate at mom's retirement home and ordered pork loin with apples and rosemary. Asked them to give me the pork plain, but it had all been cooked together so I got it 'as is' with extra pork. Ate some of the cooked apples. Could.not.help.it. Delicious. Veggies were cauliflower and carrots. Made a large salad at the salad bar and put some sliced strawberries on it - and some coleslaw (which is always sweetened in the South of the US)

Mom's meal came with a piece of the most luscious cheesecake you can imagine. It was very light, very sweet, and for the first time in months I tasted her dessert. One small bite. One big bite.

I was really nervous testing after this meal - had a number of cheats in it. But - 1.5 hours after = 109. Like tossing a coin in a slot machine and getting a rumble of coins spill out - I'm taking the winnings and not playing again for a while.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Today after church we went with a big group to the local Chinese restaurant. I had wonton soup (my fave and I couldn't resist), beef and broccoli - had them hold the rice- and an egg roll. I ate the innards out of the egg roll, all the beef and broccoli and the wonton soup. I was worried because I knew the sauce had cornstarch as well as the fact that I ate the wontons. But an hour and a half later I was 121! I'll take it:D

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
Helping mom eat her meals every day, puts me in line for errant nibbles. Typically I don’t, but today …

Someone didn’t show up for their meal so the server offered it to me (I almost never eat there). Ate what I could off it: 3 plain shrimp, green beans, and a baked tomato w/ parmesan. There was no fat to be found. Mom had 3 desserts in front of her (I’m not making this up): sugar-free cherry pie, peach cobbler, and coffee ice cream. Obviously she couldn’t eat all that, so I helped. One bite cobbler (not good), 3 bites cherry pie (better), 4 spoons of coffee ice cream (scrumptuous!) Mom had the same.

Tested an hour after this bad pseudo meal. 112. Not bad! Am sure it’s lower now, not going to waste a strip, but for dinner will have some oily wild salmon, veggies drenched in butter, and some coconut oil fudge to get back on track.

Reactions: Shanny

·
Super Moderator
9,635 Posts
112 when you tested, but think of what it could have been without the excursion.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Had salad with chopped chicken thigh meat and some caesar dressing, after testing I was 5.2 which is one of very few times i've been in the 5's since diagnosed.

·
Premium Member
9,421 Posts
There was no fat to be found.
When I know I'm going to be eating out, I put a small bottle of olive oil in my purse, and sprinkle liberally over all the food on my plate. The bottle is from another thing (a flavoring bottle), is plastic, and fits inside a plastic bag (to avoid problems if it should leak, but it hasn't yet).

141 - 160 of 538 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.