The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
161 - 180 of 538 Posts

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Lunch today included breakfast because we tore outta here this morning to go to the doc & have everlovin's wax-blocked ears irrigated . . . so as soon as we got home I baked a new batch of Gizmo's biscuits, & promptly ate one with scads of butter & WF grape spread. Heavenly!

(and OMG! It's heavenly to have a husband who can HEAR again! :rolleyes:)

·
Premium Member
9,421 Posts
I had made Optimist crackers, subbing 1/2 the sesame seeds for sunflower seeds. Baked them a bit thicker than usual so they'd stand up to toppings.

I saw a can of potted meat at the store - made with chicken and beef. I've never tasted potted meat before and decided to give it a try. (It's not too bad - just has more preservatives than I usually go for).

To increase the fat %, and bring the total protein down, I mixed some mayo and shredded white cheese into the potted meat.

I spread this on the crackers, topping with a shake of freeze-dried spring onions I have on hand.

OMG - this was GOOD

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
I haven't had potted meat for YEARS, but I used to like it . . . mebbe I should try it again. It's always shelved right next to my other guilty pleasure - vienna sausages! :eek:

·
Inactive Member
5,318 Posts
Shanny said:
I haven't had potted meat for YEARS, but I used to like it . . . mebbe I should try it again. It's always shelved right next to my other guilty pleasure - vienna sausages! :eek:
When I worked construction, almost a lifetime ago it seems, my daily lunch was a liter of Mt. Dew, can of potted meat and saltine crackers. Snack time was Vienna sausage, or sometimes the BbQ flavored viennas.

Sent from my iPhone

·
Premium Member
9,421 Posts
Corned beef rollup wraps topped with Walden Farms Bacon Dip.

I used 2 slices each of thin-sliced deli meat, spread mayo and mustard on them before rolling.

Also SF gelatin topped with sour cream.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
2 oz sliced roast beef, 2 Optimist crackers, 2Tb guacamole, 1 oz cucumber slices, a pickle, 4 oz unsweetened almond milk with a splash of Da Vinci Banana in it and some coconut fudge just in case not enough fat. :D (I added Raspberry Da Vinci to the fudge this time and it is really yummy!)

And yes, I am still weighing and measuring everything. I don't want to drift on portion sizes just when things are going so well. I too made my Optimist crackers a little thicker this time and added some chia seeds and like that they hold up better to spreads.

Seltzer water was on sale the other day at the store so I got some. A glass of it with Raspberry or Banana Da Vinci in it was amazing!! I'm buying the Root Beer flavor next order. Freeze some whipped HWC ....can you say root beer float????

·
Registered
304 Posts
I had a little piece of delicious rare flatiron steak leftover from last night so I combined it with fresh tomato, onion and cuke and a wonderful Parmesan pepper dressing - yummy!:)

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Handful of nuts (pistas, almonds and cashews), A diet coke and some leftover "baigan bartha" (mashed brinjal cooked in indian spices) from last night

I know cashews are not allowed, but lets see what happens ! that's the closest I can get to macadamia nuts, which I just cant find in India :(

·
Registered
304 Posts
Today at court the Judge sent out for pizza for all the clerks, bailiffs, cops and lawyers (yes we are a friendly low key bunch) so I ate the toppings off of a couple pieces. Hadn't had pizza since the big D - it was heavenly! And when I could test an hour and a half later I was at 105!:D

Reactions: Shanny

·
Inactive Member
5,318 Posts
Went to IHOP today for normal Sunday brunch before weekly grocery shopping. Today was first attempt at doing this without bolus. So played it safe. Went with bunless bacon/beef mushroom burger and salad with blue cheese instead of fries. Very filling. BG prior, 107. At one and two hour PP, 117. 3 hour PP 104.

While those numbers may seem high, I'm loving them!! This will be my third day with no rapid insulin! If all goes well I'm gonna drop my basal next weekend to 5u!!

Total weightless since May 25...

"weight" for it (sorry for the pun!)

10 pounds!

That's over half what I put on since March 25!

Sent from my iPhone

·
Premium Member
9,421 Posts
I saved some cooked, crumbled hamburger from last night's meal and for lunch today I added a little salsa and black olives.

Also, some Optimist "sunflower seed" crackers with a dairy-free spread.

I'm out of my Wholy Guacamole or else I'd have had a serving of that. Got to get to the store. I love that stuff!

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
Salad with lettuce, shrimp smoked olives. Dressing of Almond oil and coconut vinegar. And an Optimist cracker. Orange cream soda with Seltzer water and SF Orange Da Vinci with 2 T of HWC which fizzed up ever so nicely. It is going to be really good with the Root Beer Da Vinci!! I would have made it then but was too full already for another glass of liquid. I have made Banana cream drinks the same way with seltzer and Da Vinci the options are almost endless with all the flavors! Is there a cola da vinci?? I have to go look and see!!!

Dang! No cola! But there are plenty others like Blueberry ,Pineapple, and Strawberry for starters.

161 - 180 of 538 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.