The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive decided to take a much more micromanagement view to my diabetes and start recording food intake, pump setting and BGLs
all in the same place.
Ive however started doing it manually and its a pain in butt.

I just wanted to get some verdicts on your favourite technology or apps that you currently use to monitor your diabetes.

Ive used various and am starting to wonder whether the perfect Diabetes Mgt kit exists or whether I should develop one myself

Ideally Id like to minimise human effort i.e. integration to pump/BGL meters and maybe a database for food but open to any ideas on good tools available

·
Registered
429 Posts
I did actually toy with the idea of creating a food database and publishing it on the web as a free to use resource for anyone (I have noticed some sites that have this information , but charge for it. Which I think is exploitative

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in the US have a downloadable database with all the components of food products.

There are also some resources available with the glycemic index of foods, but fairly limited.

Cant find anything useful for the UK though.

Then I decided I cant eat many carbs, so I canned the idea

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
I've used MyFitnessPal (great database of even brand name foods, and you can add anything you eat that isn't already there).

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
I use myfitnesspal.com too. There is an app and an online version. I use that for my food and exercise. I use Glucose Buddy on my iPad for keeping track of bg and blood pressure. It tracks exercise too. You can access GB online too.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just out of interest, do you present all this information to your endo at your appointments and how do they manage the information?

I met up with a new endo last week and she prefers the paper and pen method with lots of details.

Im trying to work out whether its worth the effort and if so, maybe I can develop something

1 - 5 of 5 Posts