The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw my family doctor today and told her I have been feeling terrible--headaches, muscle pains, exhaustion, thirst, frequent urination--every day for weeks now. I had neglected my testing. I tested twice this week, and got 20 mmol (Canadian) both times. I told her that, and she said some people go to the hospital at 20. The doctor is sending me for blood work (almost like she didn't believe I had two 20s in the last few days), but I can't get in till Thursday morning.

Tonight I tested an hour after dinner, and had a 25.7. I am scared right now. My head hurts and all I want to do is sleep lately.

Should I wait and just do the blood tests and see if she'll adjust my meds? Or should I be heading to the hospital? Am I in immediate danger? Am I over-reacting? (I've never had readings this high before).

PS--I'm a type 2 diabetic on Metformin and Crestor. And no, my diet and exercise have not been good the past few months. :sick:

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. I know I definitely eat WAY too many carbs, and have fallen back into the bad habit of frequently eating fast food. I am going to cut out as many as I can over the next few days, and hopefully the numbers will come down. I am sure most of it has to do with diet. I was just worried about what the high numbers and the symptoms might be doing/have done to my body. I think my body is telling me to "smarten up!"

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.