The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
at what blood sugar number should you be at to go to the emergency room? Thank you.
If my blood sugar was over 350 for more than a couple of days, I would first be on the phone to call my doctor. If it were a weekend, I would still call my doctor's office and talk to the doctor on call. But anything over 400 is an alarm for me. But I have insulin that I can take to help bring down a high number. Don't try and tough it out, you don't want DKA.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Generally, if I'm conscious, I can manage my BG. I guess if I fall out (low BG) I would go to the ER. Or, if I couldn't bring it up within a reasonable period of time. As far as high BG goes, I've never recorded anything above 350 & hope I don't. But, I'd make that decision based primarily on how I feel.

·
Registered
158 Posts
If my blood sugar was over 350 for more than a couple of days, I would first be on the phone to call my doctor. If it were a weekend, I would still call my doctor's office and talk to the doctor on call. But anything over 400 is an alarm for me. But I have insulin that I can take to help bring down a high number. Don't try and tough it out, you don't want DKA.
Iam on the pump and tthey tell me dont go because I can handle most thing at home via injection and the er wont messs with the pump.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts