The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know to test two hours after a meal.. but should it be 2 hrs after the first bite or 2 hours after the last bite? I tmakes more sense to me 2 hours after the last bite, but the educator I saw said first bite and when I asked why she said, " Because I know what's best." Umm that doesn't answer my question??:confused:

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I have heard it is 2 hours after you start eating. The minute you start eating, the pancreas starts to work putting out insulin. So the 2 hour reading tells you how efficient your pancreas is at this process.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
I know to test two hours after a meal.. but should it be 2 hrs after the first bite or 2 hours after the last bite? I tmakes more sense to me 2 hours after the last bite, but the educator I saw said first bite and when I asked why she said, " Because I know what's best." Umm that doesn't answer my question??:confused:
Uh huh . . . no answer to your question, but some significant information disclosed about the educator's attitude! :rolleyes: Hmmm . . .

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
For "new" foods, I test 1 hour after the first bite, then 1 hour after the first test. At first, all foods were new.

I also test when I wake up, just before bedtime, before driving, and whenever I feel weird.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts