The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed the latest article linked to from the homepage. Holiday Penitence for Diabetics The article keeps mentioning how salt, butter, saturated fat, etc is terrible for diabetics... A sentiment that many mods and members on this forum would disagree with.

I'm just wondering then where this content comes from? Is it original and written by the people who run the site? Or is it reposted from another source? Just curious. :)

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check out "Latest Forum Discussions" on the right side of the homepage. It is showing stock photos as people's picture next to their post. Funny stuff.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Here's Bob with the answers:
The content is unique articles that we pay to have written. The writer is meant to stick to news related stuff - survey results, research, studies etc. When it comes to the content area of the site - I think we have to remain impartial and not have heavy bias to any one particular diet or management regime. There are articles which also mention cures but in context with research and future developments in medicine. There is a lot of room for improvement with the articles and it is an area we will be investing more time and effort into next year.

btw I love Daytona's quote:
As a computer programmer, I can easily accept the explanation "The software is dumb and it's not worth fixing".
The avatars are still on my to do list

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:D Thanks for the explanation. I was just curious because it didn't look like content written by the mods or someone else I would know.

Thanks for the great site!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts