The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great question. my absence for the last week has been due to a Road Trip that my Father surprised me with for xmas.

He wanted to go on a Road Trip to Florida (we're in NY), just the two of us, taking a drive down there, no pace to set, no restrictions on what we "had" to see. My Grandmother (His Mother) lives in Dunedin, and he hadnt seen her in a few years (me longer then that), so it sounded like a good game plan.

We headed out last Thursday.
Saw this at one of the rest areas, palm trees! lol so i had to take a pic:

We got to my Grandmothers around 10pm on Friday evening after a very stress-free, relaxing trip down there.

The next morning we went for a walk and i snapped a few pics...
These were taken just a few blocks from my Grandmothers house:

did a lot of walking (thats a good thing, right, lol) and took pics from time to time.

This Orange Tree was on someones front lawn

HAD to do the geeky thing and have my pic taken with a Palm Tree lol

Someone had a yard sale that did not go so well, and had this sign laying on the ground next to some stuff that was out by the curb unattended, and we thought it would be a great Dylan tribute lol

after a few days, it was time to head to Atlanta to see my Uncle, on the morning we were set to leave, the Florida Rains hit:

that didnt stop us, and we made our way to Atlanta. Although no pics were taken, a great time was had by all.
My uncle is only about 6 years older then i am, and we have a lot more in common then i thought we did. i was glad to get to sit and chat with him, as ive not seen him much during my life.

on the way home, i had to snap this water tower pic, as id never seen anything like it before

i had such a great time on the road trip. i learned a lot about my family, shared a lot of stories, heard a lot as well.

Thank You for taking the time to read my thread.

-Eric
aka TBP

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
That was a good post and I really liked the pictures! I am glad that you had a good time. I would love to go to Florida this time of the year, but I noticed that you were wearing a coat in most of your pictures. What was the weather like?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Eric.. I'm assuming you went through Georgia on I-95. If so when you past Brunswick Georgia you were within 30 miles of my home. All so, unfortunately that was a cold wet week here maybe not where you were... Great post and pics...!!!

Bugg

·
Registered
344 Posts
Eric,

Thanks for the pictures and tour. That was great. Shanny said you look good. I say yes but you look skinny!!! That is great, how many pounds have you lost??

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That was a good post and I really liked the pictures! I am glad that you had a good time. I would love to go to Florida this time of the year, but I noticed that you were wearing a coat in most of your pictures. What was the weather like?
The weather was nice actually, but not "hot" high 50's id say.

i wear the jacket most of the time since ive lost most of my fat lol

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Eric.. I'm assuming you went through Georgia on I-95. If so when you past Brunswick Georgia you were within 30 miles of my home. All so, unfortunately that was a cold wet week here maybe not where you were... Great post and pics...!!!

Bugg
Yes, we took I-95 down, but took I-85 back to change up the route (thats where i snapped that last picture)

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Eric,

Thanks for the pictures and tour. That was great. Shanny said you look good. I say yes but you look skinny!!! That is great, how many pounds have you lost??
Thanks Murph! I've lost about 110lbs in the last year

·
Registered
344 Posts
I've lost about 110lbs in the last year

:jaw::clap2::clap2::clap2: Job well done. Congratulations.

I am close, well not so close I am at 75 pounds with 25 to go but have been stuck here now for over two months and it is wearing on me not seeing that scale tip less. But way to go.

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:jaw::clap2::clap2::clap2: Job well done. Congratulations.

I am close, well not so close I am at 75 pounds with 25 to go but have been stuck here now for over two months and it is wearing on me not seeing that scale tip less. But way to go.

Down 75 is Amazing!!! Congrats Brother!

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Thanks Murph! I've lost about 110lbs in the last year
Wow, that's AMAZING! I hope you're incredibly proud of your accomplishment!

And thank you for sharing your tour. Sounds like fun!

O

·
0 Posts
cool pics TBP... I have been to US myself years ago... but I only visited Arizona and spent a bit of time in Tuscon, Phoenix, ... loved Flagstaff... and flying over the Grand Canyon was cool... even popped my head over the border to Mexico for a day. So I gather Florida is a bit similar to Arizona? (or is Arizona a lot hotter?).

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Skinny man, in a warm place! WOW -- great photos and thanks for posting.

Wish I could lose like that. Not so much, or I would disappear, though!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts