The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! Has anyone heard of this shake that assists in losing weight called Whey Less? I believe it used to be called Isowhey. Has anyone tried it? Is it ok for people with diabetes to take?:cool:

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I've never heard of Whey Less but I do use other Whey powder shakes like Muscle Milk. I think it has 2 carbs per serving. I think for diabetics the important thing to look at is the protein. I think it has 27 g of protein per scoop. For many of us protein is converted to glucose several hours after consuming it. So make sure you know how your body works. How much weight are you looking at losing. I feel the best way is a low carb diet plus exercise to build muscles so you are raising metabolism.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that sounds good jwags. Thanks for the post. I"m looking at losing 10 kilos or even 12. I have a long way to go. I'm 5"3 and weighs 67 kilos which is overweight for my height. It was on the TVSN shopping channel and it says it gives energy as well which I need to exercise as I haven't really exercised for awhile. It doesn't seem to be the other shake that I tried. I once tried a meal supplement shake and I didn't like the taste very much. I am slowly shifting my diet to a low carb one. Thanks again for the post.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello Jassygyrl

I came accross your post while looking for where I saw that Whey Less was on special somewhere, but now can't find it (*darn*), anyway...

I use Whey Less and it works fantastically for me.

(I had gestational diabetes and am monitored regularly, but I don't have diabetes.)

Sorry I don't know whether it's suitable for diabetics.

Whey Less has a website (I'm not allowed to post website addresses)-it's its name, then dot com dot au-where you can ask questions, they might be able to help you with whether it's suitable for diabetics.

I usually buy mine from TVSN (on the tub it says "Exclusive to TVSN"), I think that's the only place you can get it at the moment (why I was interested to see it on sale somewhere else-might have been on ebay I think, anyway...)

I used to use IsoWhey Complete and also found it wonderful for my symptoms (bloating up like a puffer fish, & feeling lethargic).

IsoWhey Complete is still available from what I can see, although it doesn't seem they sell it from TVSN anymore.

IsoWhey Complete & Whey Less are made by Pharma Foods.

At the Pharma Foods website-pharma foods and professional all one word dot com dot au-you can find out where to buy IsoWhey Complete nearest you.

Whey Less works really well for me because it makes me feel (and look) normal.

When I do a little exercise it works even better!

So I've found both Whey Less and IsoWhey Complete work really well (I just decided to go with Whey Less because it sounds more like it addresses losing weight...).

Sorry I can't say whether it would be suitable for diabetics (if you look at the information on the website it seems it would be good for diabetics but you can ask them, & of course your doctor should be able to see if it's ok for you-the website has all the ingredients etc).

Sorry to ramble on, it's just that I love this product so much, it has greatly enhanced my life!

Wanted to give you all the information I can to help you.

:) all the best!

Ann

1 - 4 of 4 Posts