The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering taking the plunge and plunking down 18 hard-to-come-by bucks for a giant thingy of Whey Protein Powder to make pancakes with for breakfast. I am wondering if it is worth it because my brother pumps iron and says the powder tastes disgusting. I'm wondering if anyone here has made pancakes with whey and how they tasted before I waste my money....

Also, what else could I make with it? :confused:

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
I made some this week using beefy's basic recipe . . . I reduced the amount of cinnamon & used cream instead of milk. Didn't have any Walden syrup either, but I buttered the hot pancakes & then sprinkled on erythritol crystals & poured a little heavy cream around the edges - they were great!

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
I am considering taking the plunge and plunking down 18 hard-to-come-by bucks for a giant thingy of Whey Protein Powder to make pancakes with for breakfast. I am wondering if it is worth it because my brother pumps iron and says the powder tastes disgusting. I'm wondering if anyone here has made pancakes with whey and how they tasted before I waste my money....

Also, what else could I make with it? :confused:
ask him for some to try before you buy

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I buy the Vanilla or Chocolate Whey, 2 carb per scoop. It does have some artificial sweetner in it. I think the plain whey does taste flat but the flavored ones are fine. I find adding it to cookies, muffins and donut recipes bumps up the protein and my bgs are great.

Reactions: Dodie37737

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
I buy the biggest jug of why protein I can find! Love the stuff -- handy for recipes, but also just shakes. Good source of calcium and magnesium -- skipping my daily shake this week (light exercise week), I had my first charley horse EVER. OOPS -- back on it!

I buy the torani or davinci SF syrups (the fruit ones esp) and use the most neutral vanilla whey I can get and make my shakes this way:

1 c almond milk unflavored
3 ice cubes
1 scoop whey
1 T torani syrup
2 T cream

Sometimes I also use Hershey's SF syrup and that makes it like a McD shake ... and sometimes I use 1 tsp instant coffee. I like variety! :)

Designer whey is the brand I most often buy, and it has stevia and I think aspartame but it is NOT that sweet!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts