The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my Softclix Plus lancing device, but I need one more lancing device as a spare.

I have a couple of different lancing devices that came with meters that I never used. I'm thinking of picking one and giving away/donating the unopened others.

One of my choices is the Nova Sureflex Lancing Device. Does anyone use that one? How is it?

·
Registered
450 Posts
I love my Softclix Plus lancing device, but I need one more lancing device as a spare.
I love my Softclix to! Why not do what I did and get another one?

Actually, I ended up with a whole Nano test kit because it was $3.99 on amazon. So I have a backup meter as well. The Softclix sold separately is around $26.00 (ouch!)

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only thing I don't like about the Softclix is that it's too long for most cases and ends up falling out a lot. Other than that, it's great!

·
Registered
6,071 Posts
I don't use their lancing device but I do use the Nova Sureflex lancets. I have really thin skin and it is the only brand I have found so far that's very comfortable. I have a problem with lancets being too rough for my skin, even with the lowest setting. Their lancets are gentler somehow, and don't pierce and fiercely.

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
I have been using the OneTouch Delica lancing device with the extra fine ( 33 gauge ) lancets and it is much less painful. It doesn't work as well on places where I have built up a callous, but is great on new places and, so far, has not resulted in a callous where I have used it. I just found that there is a 33 gauge lancet for the ReliOn lancing device I have and tried it today with the same results. They were $ 3.74 for a box of 100.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have been using the OneTouch Delica lancing device with the extra fine ( 33 gauge ) lancets and it is much less painful. It doesn't work as well on places where I have built up a callous, but is great on new places and, so far, has not resulted in a callous where I have used it. I just found that there is a 33 gauge lancet for the ReliOn lancing device I have and tried it today with the same results. They were $ 3.74 for a box of 100.
I have a box of BD Ultra-Fine (33 gauge) that I used with an old Walgreen's lancer that eventually stopped working (the spring gave out, I think). Then I used them with another lancing device, though I don't remember which one, but I find that they're still not as pain-free as the Softclix Plus.

I also have a what's left of a box of Walgreen's Thin (26 gauge) lancets that I used to use when I first started testing. They'd probably feel like railroad spikes to me now! :p

·
Registered
178 Posts
I guess I'm the lone wolf around here when it comes to using lancing devices. I stopped using the lancing device that came with my Freestyle Freedom Lite glucose monitoring device. I could never get it to work just right. I just take a 28G Freestyle Lancet and poke the side of my left or right thumb. I doesn't bother me anymore.

·
Registered
6,071 Posts
No, I actually started doing that because the lancing device went too deep, even on the lightest setting. I tried a few different devices. I found that by using the lancet alone, I could control the depth better. It was the least painful option for me. :)

·
Registered
178 Posts
No, I actually started doing that because the lancing device went too deep, even on the lightest setting. I tried a few different devices. I found that by using the lancet alone, I could control the depth better. It was the least painful option for me. :)
I totally agree with you on the "depth" point.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts