The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,

My dad was looking for ways to connect his glucose meter to his computer to further analyze his readings. Are any of you guys using this method as well? What are the benefits? Is it worth it? Are there any that use bluetooth technology? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have a Relion Prime meter from Walmart. I found out they have software, so I bought the connection cable and the software. It auto loads from the meter. I can input blood pressure, heart rate, & weight. It works good. I printed off pretty charts for the Doc and it helps me see my trends.

·
Inactive Member
5,318 Posts
LaJuan said:
I have a Relion Prime meter from Walmart. I found out they have software, so I bought the connection cable and the software. It auto loads from the meter. I can input blood pressure, heart rate, & weight. It works good. I printed off pretty charts for the Doc and it helps me see my trends.
How much was the cable/software? I'd like to do that with my Prime as well.

Sent from my iPhone

·
Inactive Member
5,318 Posts
KFCharron said:
Hi everybody,

My dad was looking for ways to connect his glucose meter to his computer to further analyze his readings. Are any of you guys using this method as well? What are the benefits? Is it worth it? Are there any that use bluetooth technology? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
I do for my accu-check Aviva. The software/cable was about $40 and can be purchased from their site.

It's not Bluetooth but infrared communication. The data can be manipulated in many different ways for whatever your dad may be looking for.

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
72 Posts
Gosh, I think the cable/software was around $35. Call their customer service line. They were nice. I don't have a problem connecting, but don't try to connect the meter to more than one PC. The software won't allow it.

·
Banned
283 Posts
Gosh, I think the cable/software was around $35. Call their customer service line. They were nice. I don't have a problem connecting, but don't try to connect the meter to more than one PC. The software won't allow it.
I just got off the phone and they said that the only connection for the prime now is the one that goes to an IPAD IPHONE OR ITOUCH.

I've been getting the run around for days now....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sounds good. I have the Accu-Check Performa but see no means of connecting it to the pc. Does have something that looks like an infra red sensor. (Maybe) Will have to look into it.

·
Inactive Member
5,318 Posts

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
I have a One Touch Ultra II and bought the software and cable a few years ago so I don't know the cost but it is on their website. It allows you to download readings and print reports.
I also have the Relion Prime but they refer you to a third party to connect it for downloads. Check :
Glooko | Mobile Diabetes Management | Blood Glucose Log
Right now they support Iphone, Ipad and a few Android phones and are adding more. I have a Nexus 7 Tablet and they are working on that they say. I asked and they say they are not planning on PC support so if you connect to a computer with a Relion Prime I would love to know how you do it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I also use the Accu-Chek 360 software with my Aviva. There are several different reports that can be printed out as well as looking at trends, etc.
accu-chek(dot)com/us/data-management/360-software.html
There are some sample reports under the "Sample Reports" tab on that page.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts