The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
Oh I may overeat on occasion, but it is never off plan. I love me lots of broccoli with cheese or butter and herbs. The carbs in my diet come mostly from veggies, the rest from eggs and cheese/sour cream/HWC.

I don't feel deprived at all on lc/hf so really am not tempted to stray. Plus I want to stay in ketosis as foxl said.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
I've actually had times where I'm enjoying a low carb meal and then realize I'm full and don't want any more, and feel disappointed. LOL! So much better than blindly eating it all and feeling ill afterwards.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
I've actually had times where I'm enjoying a low carb meal and then realize I'm full and don't want any more, and feel disappointed. LOL! So much better than blindly eating it all and feeling ill afterwards.
I do this with eggs benedict . . . I'm always sorry when it's gone, even though I'm satiated. And hollandaise is darn close to eating pure fat, considering I could absolutely eat it with a spoon!

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
I'll be the bad guy so that anyone who reads this thread doesn't think that everyone on the board is a saint. I occasionally eat foods that I know I shouldn't. I enjoy it when I do. Then I go back to eating my regular LC fare.

Make a decision, enjoy it and then move on with your life. It's only cheating if you feel guilty. :D

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
What I sometimes overeat is protein. It's pretty hard to overeat pure fat, and too much protein is sort of a "cheat" I guess, so maybe I'm not so well-behaved as I think I am.
Ditto. And it's not because I "crave" protein or anything, it just comes along with too many things I need to eat. I like to keep it below 15% (prefer closer to 10), but it is often hard.

Reactions: foxl

·
Registered
513 Posts
I avoid all pure carbs. I will eat some things with carbs in but they have to be below 10% carbs and I eat them with quite a lot of fats such as cheese, cream etc and keep the portions reasonably small.
I have no idea where I got the 10% from but was probably convenience as nearly everything has carbs. Still no sugars though.
Works for me most of the time. Was trying to estimate how many carbs I eat a day and, excluding hidden ones I don't know about, I think it is about 20 most days.

·
Registered
112 Posts
My friends brought food for my birthday party including a cake, mashed potatoes, turkey, gravy, and a LC salad with some 5g carb per serving dressing, and stuffing. I ate the turkey, gravy, salad and some dressing, then I gobbled about 1.5 teaspoons of the cake. This last part was silly of me, but the next day my numbers hadn't changed.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I'll be the bad guy so that anyone who reads this thread doesn't think that everyone on the board is a saint. I occasionally eat foods that I know I shouldn't. I enjoy it when I do. Then I go back to eating my regular LC fare.

Make a decision, enjoy it and then move on with your life. It's only cheating if you feel guilty. :D
I am with you.... if I do indulge, I have no problem going back to LC so it doesn't bother me. My rule is to eat LCHF (<20 gms of carbs per day), 95% of the time. It works for me.

Reactions: Daytona
21 - 31 of 31 Posts