The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive seen a few mentions of saving money on the strips. Ive literally maxed out my flex card since finding out about this curse. Anyone have the skinny on the best places to get this particular brand of test strips on the low?

·
Registered
4,368 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah thats what Ive been paying. 115 per 100. Its been killing my wallet. Since I'm still learning about this curse Ive been going through maybe 25 strips in 3-4 days. Thanks for the recommendation, thats exactly what I was looking for..

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you are looking for a cheap alternative, WalMart has a couple of Reli On meters and strips. One meter only costs about $10 and the mini about $20. Strips for the $10 meter are around $39 for 100 and I think they can be bought even cheaper on line. They need a little more blood than the newer meters, but if cost is a concern then they could be an option.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
One of the things I learned ordering online is sometimes the boxes look different. I always order the cheapest one that will fit my meter. I find the prices can vary from $10-$20 sometimes depending wheter they are sold to pharmacies, DME, Point of care, etc. Even though the boxes look different, it is the exact same strip inside. The One Touch is one of the pricier strips. The Walmart Relion meters are the cheapest. I got my Contour USB meter for free on their website. Sometimes pharmacies have specials for $19.99

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One of the things I learned ordering online is sometimes the boxes look different. I always order the cheapest one that will fit my meter. I find the prices can vary from $10-$20 sometimes depending wheter they are sold to pharmacies, DME, Point of care, etc. Even though the boxes look different, it is the exact same strip inside. The One Touch is one of the pricier strips. The Walmart Relion meters are the cheapest. I got my Contour USB meter for free on their website. Sometimes pharmacies have specials for $19.99
Thanks for the sugestions jwags! I just purchased the Contour USB meter online at americandiabeteswholesale.com but forgot to add the Bayer Ascensia Contour Microfill Glucose Control Solution. Oh well I hope I can use it right away with out it. Ill check the accurecy with my other meter and that is a good enough control until I get some solution.

Is it a good meter? The strips were half the price I was paying for the one touch ultra's. $54.99 for 100. Not bad. I like the idea of plugging it into my computer and getting a graph readout on my bg stats. Im a network administrator so I work with computers and this feature was appealing. Anyway thanks for all of the responses.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts