The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To regulate the food intake human beings have 2 centers called feeding centre and satietary center. Feeding center stimulation leads to increased food intake and uncontrollable hunger where as satietary center stimulation causes cessation of food intake by inhibiting feeding center activity. There are some receptors called glucostats which gives response increase blood glucose content which occurs as soon as the person takes his meal. Glucostats excite the satietary center which inturn inhibits the feeding center.

But in diabetic patients because of deficiency of insulin hyperglycemia occurs which cannot stimulate the satiety center. So even though the food intake is normal the satiety center is not stimulated and feeding center is always active which lead to increase in the food intake and uncotrolled hunger leading to obesity. So diabetic patients are advised to take low calorie diet and sugar free drinks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi, thanks for the above information, diabetes and obesity are closely related with each other. These days a self improving company Mark Patrick Media LLC specializing in Weight Management & Smoking Cessation is running various programs in order to make the people more fit.The programs are just incredible and a new way to get better health. I hope that you would love to know about this.You can get more info on Mark Patrick Hypnosis For Weight Loss and Stop Smoking

·
Registered
11 Posts
Re :

But in diabetic patients because of deficiency of insulin hyperglycemia occurs which cannot stimulate the satiety center. So even though the food intake is normal the satiety center is not stimulated and feeding center is always active which lead to increase in the food intake and uncotrolled hunger leading to obesity. So diabetic patients are advised to take low calorie diet and sugar free drinks.

·
Registered
663 Posts
11. The fewer carbohydrates we eat, the leaner we will be.
That's if you do nothing phyisicly and I see that there is a three way scales where you balance food, Insulin & exercise. If you do the three and balance well then you may be in good health and somewhat slimmer.
I hear from ballet dancers that they say that in full time ballet keeps them so slim no matter what they eat!!

·
Registered
663 Posts
Burning fat rather than carbohydrates puts fewer pro inflammatory cytokines into the system so there is less chance of damage to your cell walls so you allow your system time to heal itself.
To burn fat, Would it be better to have carbs that the body finds easy to use and that will provide energy to then encourage the fat to move.
Carbohydrates without exercise will make the fat to be stored on you and this fat comes in it's many forms. Animal fat is the typical one and the sugars of other sources. ;)

If every time you eat you consume foods that inflame your body you will need meds all the time. If you stop adding fuel to the fire your body will have a better chance to heal.
YES!!! We do overeat and we just don't use all of the food to physical energy. and so the lack of exercise is we get fat and the meds we use to prop up our well being thanks to doctors.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I have most certainly lost the plot haven't I. So if I look at foods that has little or no carbs then the less inflammation to the body and then the body will look for other means of energy like the fat that's on you.
Would I be right that fat is a hard source of energy than bread would be? :confused::rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts