The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Everybody!

Some of you may have seen me on Facebook games, but writing? Not so much.

In the past month, I had two events to plan. These things are intense, and kept me away from a lot of normal life. Since I was doing these fundraisers on a volunteer basis, I decided to step back from them, because they were wearing me out.

Then, just two days after the last event, my husband suffered a cerebral hemorrhage, He's still in the hospital, but all indications are that he will be pretty much OK, given time. It is expected the hematoma and swelling will be reabsorbed over several weeks, and that his vision and memory deficits will improve accordingly.

I've been spending lots of time at the hospital, placating two difficult workplaces, taming two unruly (but lovable) dogs so my husband can survive their attentions once he gets home, chilling out with games for sanity's sake and contemplating a possible unexpected retirement.

For some miraculous reason, my diet and numbers have stayed pretty good.

Hope all of you are well ... or traveling on the road to becoming well.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I'm so sorry...I'm glad he is going to be ok...just remember to look after you :)

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
((((Shalynne)))) Love & prayers to both of you (and those unruly/loveable puppydogs too ;))

I left the workplace ahead of schedule for the same reason - it seemed like my husband wasn't doing so well, and I decided if these were the best years we had left, I wasn't going to run off to work every day & spend them apart. We've had to bite the bullet financially, but I've never regretted the decision to stay home with him - they HAVE been the best years!

·
Premium Member
6,162 Posts
Oh Shalynne, you're not going to believe this but I'll say it anyway. This very day I was wondering where the heck you were and was going to send you a PM asking that very question and telling you that you're missed.

Dadgummit.

Time. So annoying how the body insists on it and will not be rushed. I'm so sorry to hear your news; relieved he will be coming back, albeit slower than anyone wants.

Sure are glad you are, but understand completely grabbing whatever moments you can to veg out, decompress a bit.

Hugs.

Reactions: d33na

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh Shalynne, you're not going to believe this but I'll say it anyway. This very day I was wondering where the heck you were and was going to send you a PM asking that very question and telling you that you're missed.

Dadgummit.

Time. So annoying how the body insists on it and will not be rushed. I'm so sorry to hear your news; relieved he will be coming back, albeit slower than anyone wants.

Sure are glad you are, but understand com,pletely grabbing whatever moments you can to veg out, decompress a bit.

Hugs.
Many thanks, Shanny, Deena & Moon!

Moon ... Believe it or not, I believe you! I've felt the same sort of "ping" about various folks in my life, many times. Thanks for your "ping!"

Deena ... Thank you! Diabetes is teaching me a lot of lessons, most of which I'd rather have skipped. Taking care of self is now firmly ensconced in the Top 5.

Shanny ... Being caught in the middle among the workplace and HMO bureaucracies -- not to mention all the health fun we've both had this year -- has pretty much convinced me that life's too short to leave room for day jobs. Tonight, my husband agreed with that assessment, but tomorrow could be a different story. The puppydogs (90- and 60-pound adolescents) are learning not to pull on the leash. Both got an A+ tonight, and lots of treats. Gotta keep that up, plus figure out how to keep them from jumping.

Reactions: foxl

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Hoping your husbaand's recovery is quick. My thoughts and prayers will be with you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts