The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wild Ride on Spike Avenue
Hello to, all my faithful friends and fellow diabetics. I know it's been a while, since I've written, so I thought I'd bring you up to date as to what I've been doing.

First, and foremost, I'm still among the living! I know it's been some time since I've written, but I have a good reason. I've been working with an on-line web promotion company to get my third book as much visibility on the web as humanly possible. Since it's a self published book, I have to do all the promotion if I want it to be a success. So far, so good!

Secondly, and most importantly, the last time I wrote, my doctor took me off Metformin, and I was having a heck of a time controlling my sugars. It took nearly a month, but I did gain somewhat of an upper hand, only to find myself going through a wild ride of "spikes" that lasted nearly a week!

No matter what I did, I couldn't get my numbers (fasting, pre-meal and post meal) under 150. Of course they went as high as 247, and I was running out of patience. That is until I thought to myself, maybe, just maybe I could benefit from raising my bed time Lantus, which I did over a few days, and having gone from 70 units to 78 units (in five days) I once again have a good handle on the base numbers. AMEN!

My question to you who are struggling as I am, have you undergone similar spikes? I'd like to know, so I don't get so upset with myself the next time this comes upon me. Of course, I now have the solution, and will step in and adjust my Lantus next time. :whistle:

Thanks for your warm thoughts and love, I enjoy and cherish the opportunity to be able to reach out and openly talk with fellow sojourners as we travel across this often lonely and very frustrating road of diabetes.

It is my prayer and hope that all of you are doing well in your battle to stave off the wolves of this life long disease!

Shalom,

Pastor Paul

G

·
glad to hear you're Ok there Paul :D Yes, spiking is no fun. I've been on quite a ride myself in the last few days as a result of a migraine and stiff neck. Yesterday for example I tested below 4.5 (81) all morning and I was out and about with a sore head and feeling off the planet due to low sugar levels. Yesterday afternoon was a different story when my BGL suddenly shot up to 14.9 (268) and stayed there for a bit. I figured it was because I took a pain killer in the morning and didn't bother in the afternoon and just put up with pain. In the evening I was sitting on 5.2 (93) after a drank a tonne of water and used heat packs all day really. The day before I was sitting above 8 (144) for most of the day. It gets annoying doesn't it when you have other things going on. I'm glad to hear the change of dosage to your Lantus has helped you ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts