The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am brand spanking new to diabetes and this forum. I was diagnosed (T2) on 11/22/11 when I blew my nose and got double vision (still have it).

You can bet I have taken this seriously. I got home from the hospital and INSTANTLY changed my diet and increased my cardio. I have been able to keep the vast majority of my daily BG levels below 120 throughout the day but that dang AM (fasting) test has always been above 100.

Not today! Got an 87. If I did it once I can do it again. I really like starting out with a lower number as it makes it easier for me to maintain a low / healthy number throughout the rest of the day.;)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Well I am brand spanking new to diabetes and this forum. I was diagnosed (T2) on 11/22/11 when I blew my nose and got double vision (still have it).

You can bet I have taken this seriously. I got home from the hospital and INSTANTLY changed my diet and increased my cardio. I have been able to keep the vast majority of my daily BG levels below 120 throughout the day but that dang AM (fasting) test has always been above 100.

Not today! Got an 87. If I did it once I can do it again. I really like starting out with a lower number as it makes it easier for me to maintain a low / healthy number throughout the rest of the day.;)
Those darn fastings are often the last to rise and the last to fall. Sounds like you're making fantastic progress. Be proud and keep up the good work. You deserve it.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
This is a major improvement for the guy who thought he was going camping & wound up spending the weekend hospitalized! Nice turnaround!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, wait till march and it has been a full three months and I get another A1c and make the doctors think they were wrong.:D

Also today FOR THE FIRST TIME IN A MONTH I was able to read a magazine for a few minutes with BOTH EYES OPEN.:D:D

The doctors said it would be like this, my double vision would go away briefly and each time it would stay away longer and longer until it was gone forever and I lived happily ever after. ;)

·
Diabetic
2,680 Posts
My slogan since diagnosis has been - Learn, experiment, implement. Control has come along nicely. Yes the DP has been a nag all along. I'm working on that. Hope to break that jinx too.

Congrats on your numbers.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well it looks like I kept it down all day today. Just tested at 97. Boy, if I can keep this up I may be able to get off meds.

Thank you for all the support.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow - two in a row under 100. Today I woke up to a 96. Not as low as yesterday but still under 100.:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts