The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Education!!!

Indeed Terrie, I will look forward to seeing what they will do this year? I only hope that education is more publicized and bring on the new technology to make managing better.
Me, Well a BBQ is in order and get the public to understand our disease better and get them to let us have our cake and eat it too. :D
A focus on exercise is another subject too as we know that this will get the BG down and I think that's it better as exercise is a better to regulate BG's to a safe level. ;)

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
*World Diabetes Day 2008*

OOPPS! Thanks for bumping up this "World Diabetes Day" thread, Peter. I had forgotten to put the new "World Diabetes Day 2008" link on here. My Bad! :eek: Now you have a new one to read.

World Diabetes Day Bike | World Diabetes Day

Press Events - International Diabetes Federation | IDF

Yes! Education! Education! Education! about Diabetes. That's what the world needs. Maybe then non-Diabetics would not unknowingly be offending Diabetics. Yes, exercise is important, for sure. It's like oil is to the car. Exercise helps the body to keep from squeaking and allows it to function better along with the proper diet and maybe meds.

Also then, undiagnosed Diabetics who do not know that they have Diabetes would be educated, know the signs and get tested before they are damaged by high sugar levels. I've been telling my Dr.'s for years that anyone who is high risk should automatically be tested for Diabetes. It's not happening fast enough though. I get upset about that. Hmmm...perhaps the Government needs another e-mail. It's done. ;) Thanks for your help Peter. :)

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
*Wear The Blue On November 14th*

Well, we are only a month away from World Diabetes Day 2008. Are you doing anything Special that Day?

Among other things, we will be getting together to celebrate(wearing blue, of course) and I'll be replacing our energy saver porch light with a blue one for the evening. I am also going to make up some cards soon to pass around with the IDF site on it so People can educate themselves about World Diabetes Day and ask People to wear blue and use a blue porch light also. I'll be leaving some of those cards around the Endocrinology floor while I'm there and at some stores too. I was also thinking of putting a poster up on our porch that day....I'll have to see about that one.
Sounds like Fun. ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here in the netherlands we are also busy with world diabetes day. it is of great importance the awareness rises under the population.

there is a website (Domino E-Day) where you can build your own domino field. it is a playfull way to create a buzz about diabetes day.

check it out and enjoy.

Best regards,

John

·
Registered
5 Posts
World Diabetes Day Events

Just looking at the activities on the World Diabetes Day site -- it's a shame there is only one event going on in the US. Do any cities do local events to support the day?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.