1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
Congratulations! :rockon:

·
Registered
322 Posts
that is such great news to hear. it feels so good to get your numbers down to a fairly normal range. i know wheni hade my A1c of 5.4 i was almost in shock. my doc was expecting it to be in the 6's but he didnt take into account the low carb diet. and my great friends here giveing me such good advice.

Reactions: d33na

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! HAVE A PARTY!! HAVE A PIECE OF...well, cheese would probably be okay. ;) Seriously, GREAT JOB!! :cheer2::peace:

·
Registered
741 Posts
fantastic!

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
So happy for you! I'm really hoping when I go back for bloodwork at end of November (that's right folks! Right after Thanksgiving...unfair, unfair, unfair) that my numbers will shock me too...for the better though! I'm trying so hard, but still battling with high's...some numbers are good, other's higher than I'd like or should be. I do deal with alot of stress however. But, I'm so happy for you! Great Job! Stay with it...and I as well have learned quite a bit of great information from these wonderful people!

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Hey, Cortlin's Daddy ...

:peace: Good on Ya! :peace:

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
So happy for you! I'm really hoping when I go back for bloodwork at end of November (that's right folks! Right after Thanksgiving...unfair, unfair, unfair) that my numbers will shock me too...for the better though! I'm trying so hard, but still battling with high's...some numbers are good, other's higher than I'd like or should be. I do deal with alot of stress however. But, I'm so happy for you! Great Job! Stay with it...and I as well have learned quite a bit of great information from these wonderful people!
Naynay ...

It may not be as bad as you fear!

I got my last A1c results 2 months after diagnosis -- usually, they don't do it 'til 3 months or so.

Those results included that last month before diagnosis, when I'd averaged around 350, topped off by at least one spike in the 500s. And yet, in those 2 months I'd gone from 13.5 to 6.7.

Based on your posts, I kinda suspect you'll be happy with your A1c. Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Fingers crossed is right! I just increased my Levemir to 28 units in the AM, and used 15 units of Humulog before breakfast this morning (woke to a 227, took Levemir, about hour later before breakfast 270...I hate this DP and Liver Dumps!)...I ate some Applewood smoked ham by Nature's Basket (no preservatives, no nitrites, nitrates, MSG, gluten, etc.) and it is 2 hours beyond eating...196? And I've been moving heavy boxes and files...sometimes I just cannot figure this big D out. I'm hoping lunch numbers will be better. But, they are lower than they were (in 300-350 range), so yes, I know the A1C will be lower than it was (12.1 August 30th). I know it hasn't even been a full week that I've been doing insulin, so I'm not going to get too worked up about it. I'm doing everything right, so I'm still in the trial and error phase. It is just a bit discouraging, as I am sure all of you know when you get numbers that do not correspond with the way you are eating and behaving. Oh well...back to work! Thanks for the encouraging words though. Hugs!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts