The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just love this forum. I want to add friends' names, please don't take it personally if I haven't added you yet - I'm still learning how. You've all made me feel so welcome.

I did well with my sugar today, til early evening. Then I lost control, sugar went over 250, took the Novolog, will test before I turn in. It's 3:44 a.m.

Gosh, I wish I had a dollar for every hour I've spent on my computer today and yesterday. It's very addictive, as you all know. But - fun! My husband is glad I joined because it's added a new interest for me. I do have other interests, of course, and I find life - fascinating! I really do.

Tomorrow I definitely go grocery shopping. I will not be buying things I shouldn't have. That's the only way I'm gonna stop myself from eating all the things that are bad for me. Just refuse to have it in the house. Oh, my husband brought home a whole lotta pre-made sugar-free jellos today. I enjoy those. I'll see you all later on. I wish everyone peace and happiness :)

G

·
well Rosa it's nice having people like yourself being totally honest. :) We're all human and it helps when we can share our successes and failures with each other. This forum has been great for that.... I was not a forum person really prior to finding this one and I certainly didn't discuss my diabetes in any depth with anyone. I just want to also say thanks to everyone for support :D

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
It does take awhile to figure out what foods spike you. Be careful about some of the sugar free jellos, make sure there is no malodextrine in them. I think Walmart makes some without it.

Reactions: Rosa and foxl

·
Registered
741 Posts
hello Rosa *waves* nice to meet you

Meps you are so right...I've never been able to talk to anyone about it...you cant see it...sometimes I feel like I'm acting like a victim when I say anything to family and friends...

This forum is like a validation...I have felt so much more settled since I found it

·
Registered
609 Posts
I just love this forum. I want to add friends' names, please don't take it personally if I haven't added you yet - I'm still learning how. You've all made me feel so welcome.

I did well with my sugar today, til early evening. Then I lost control, sugar went over 250, took the Novolog, will test before I turn in. It's 3:44 a.m.

Gosh, I wish I had a dollar for every hour I've spent on my computer today and yesterday. It's very addictive, as you all know. But - fun! My husband is glad I joined because it's added a new interest for me. I do have other interests, of course, and I find life - fascinating! I really do.

Tomorrow I definitely go grocery shopping. I will not be buying things I shouldn't have. That's the only way I'm gonna stop myself from eating all the things that are bad for me. Just refuse to have it in the house. Oh, my husband brought home a whole lotta pre-made sugar-free jellos today. I enjoy those. I'll see you all later on. I wish everyone peace and happiness :)

Good for you, Rosa. Just remember that not getting enough sleep can spike you as well. And if you're using any of the Jello sugar-free puddings, make sure you use heavy whipping cream instead of milk. :)

·
Registered
609 Posts
It does take awhile to figure out what foods spike you. Be careful about some of the sugar free jellos, make sure there is no malodextrine in them. I think Walmart makes some without it.
From my experience, the only jellos that don't have any added anything are the ones that already made in the cups. The powder mixes are made with sugar alcohols.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts