The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... you find yourself talking to the eggs that are your lunch, in your workplace kitchen, because they are so [email protected]#! hard to PEEL!

It was a false hypo, 91 on my meter ... but REALLY. Of all the NERVE! :eek:

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I get those false hypos a lot. I finally figured I probably went low and then got a liver dump that pushed me back to 100. I think sometimes the rush of glucose is what makes me feel wierd, almost like an adrenaline rush. Because when I test I am always 90 and above. I have to admit I have never talked to my food. I just know when I get that feeling I usually need to eat.

Reactions: Dodie37737

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just realized I was CUSSING those eggs out for having sticky peels! LOL. I REALLY hope no one heard me!

·
Registered
718 Posts
LOL! I remember my first hypos, I couldn't get the food opening/made fast enough. I can see cursing at eggs b/c they wouldn't peel!

I get those false ones too... funny that I don't have any real symptoms in the 60s, but when I do feel hypo, it's in the 90s...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hm... Never had a false hypo... Well didn't feel anything. Not that it's a good thing, but I've had plenty of hypos when I was 14-17 years old and learnt to separate them pretty well. Heck I can sometimes even feel if my BG is going down but is not low yet, though that is a lot harder...

·
Registered
663 Posts
It was a false hypo, 91 on my meter ... but REALLY. Of all the NERVE! :eek:
Aww Linda, I sorry that you thought you had a Hypo as this is why we have BG meters. (((HUGZ))) As for talking to eggs Umm....:rolleyes:

I have times that I thought I was low and had this disease for far too long. I get to dose off to sleep at the time I get a low and I wake with jelly bean. :)

Back when I was younger I shake and feel no energy and I am low!!!
At a BG of 91 Lin, That may be a low for you.
I can go to a BG of 2.1/37.8 and then walk in a dayze :confused: as the brain go's into neutral and cannot be bothered doing anything. Also what makes this worse I don't feel hungry. :eek: I may think that pigs fly.:flypig::flypig::flypig:

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Interestingly when I had real (if mild) hypo at 56, I did NOT feel it .... huh??? Maybe I went down too fast, b/c I had a hot sweat after munching the glucose tabs ...

·
Registered
663 Posts
Animal Insulin.

Interestingly when I had real (if mild) hypo at 56, I did NOT feel it .... huh??? Maybe I went down too fast, b/c I had a hot sweat after munching the glucose tabs ...
Linda, It would be a very interesting experiment to get a low if we had animal insulin like the Bovine or Porcine insulins. (Gezz, I remember those days) as I did get the sweats and shakes and I would snap at anyone who seems to think that I ate too much.

·
Registered
33 Posts
i have same experience as well. seems that I feel mild low blood glucose (70) much more than very low (45-50)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts