The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am doing research for a college project on mobile devices, and have decided to design a device specifically for diabetics that logs information gained from blood samples and provides a graph and average (and maybe some other features...undecided as further research will inform the features of the device) so that levels can be monitored and taken to a doctor during checkups to provide a more accurate picture of the state of the user's condition. Do you think there is a need for something like this? would it be helpful to doctors and diabetics? do you have any suggestions? would there be any merit in a device designed for children to use?

·
Registered
15 Posts
gadjets

Hello varty,in this day and age many ways exist of capturing/sending data.
Already my meter has a data port on it,and when i`ve mentioned this to medical folk here,they say we are not set up for this yet.
There are also less than palm sized gps units that can send audio as well as location to employers that spy on their employees.
I reckon that the meters should have a usb port,and a flash stick could be inserted,then non computer people could insert their flash stick in a local cyber cafe and meter data would be sent to destination.
But there again,i do not favour any of these ideas,in the future i could envisage monitoring on such a scale that you might get an electric shock from something because you ate french fries at the wrong time,lol,also hackers would provide services so`s greedy overweight folks could get extra credits on their meter monitor,and be enabled to buy an extra portion.Mucdonallds would be providing a free optimizer program for your meter,enableing largest healthy portion available.
bye for now,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts