The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't had time to try this recipe yet, but if some kind soul out there would be sweet enough to try it and report the results back here so we will know whether or not it is worth the effort, I'm sure lots of people would appreciate it, including me.

ZERO CARB COOKIES
(Makes 20 cookies)

3 egg whites, room temperature
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
6 packets Splenda
1 teaspoon vanilla

Preheat oven to 200 degrees. With mixer, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Beating well after each packet, add the Splenda. Add the vanilla and beat until stiff peaks form.

Place 20 heaping tablespoons on cookie sheet. Bake 75 minutes. Turn off oven and let sit 2 hours without opening oven door. Store in an airtight container.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Y'all are always one step ahead of me on recipes :p While waiting for my Endo appt, I was reading the NOLA newspaper and ran across this recipe for "Soupirs" or Meringue Kisses. I figured it to be easily made with the "cooking/baking" Splenda. I plan to make possibly by adding chopped pecans??

Soupirs
Thursday, April 21, 2011
The Times-Picayune NOLA.com

Bake this meringue cookie until lightly but well browned all over.

Makes about 3 dozen

4 large egg whites

1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar

Pinch salt

1/2 cup sugar

1/2 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with brown paper bags or parchment paper.

Beat the egg whites, cream of tartar and salt in a bowl until the eggs hold soft peaks. Continue beating, gradually adding the sugar until stiff peaks form. Add the vanilla or almond extract and gently blend. Drop by teaspoonfuls on the prepared sheet pan. Bake until lightly browned, 15 to 20 minutes.

Remove from the oven and cool away from any drafts. Or, turn off the oven, leave a crack in the door and let them cool gradually in the oven.

·
Registered
298 Posts
This is my husbands favorite cookie... He puts cocoa powder in his... He tried to make a version with splenda but they tasted funny

1 - 5 of 5 Posts